12. TALKING DESIGN IN AUSTRALIA37:05In this – the finale to our podcast series – our host, Marcus Piper, talks broadly with design writer and curator, Stephen Todd, about what they have observed and are observing across many aspects of the Australian design, craft and manufacturing industries and how organisations are supporting this momentum.
View all episodes
11. TALKING INTERNATIONAL DESIGN11:28In this episode we hear from two designers, experience internationally across two decades – Melbourne's Nick Rennie and Singapore's Jarrod Lim – who discuss the pitfalls and positives of royalty based practice and running production independently.
10. TALKING TIMBER MANUFACTURING20:31In this episode we hear from two of the forerunners of the next generation of Australian furniture makers about the contrasts and common issues when it comes to working with tools, technology, designers and of course, timber.
9. TALKING SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS17:53Hardly emerging but still learning – Australian furniture designers, Tom Fereday and Tom Skeehan, discuss their business models, collaboration and transitions to a more sustainable way of practicing in this ever changing climate of design.
8. TALKING SUSTAINABLE CHOICES11:07In the second of this two part episode, Rupert Oliver, Environmental Specialist and George White, Global Forestry Consultant discuss sustainable choices when it comes to building materials.
7. TALKING DEFORESTATION10:21In the first of this two part episode, Rupert Oliver, Environmental Specialist and George White, Global Forestry Consultant discuss the outcomes of COP26 and global views on deforestation.
6. BEING DISCOVERED35:45In this special, extended, edition of the American Hardwood Export Council Ten Minutes With podcast series we talk to three Australian designer-makers, each part of the global Discovered project in collaboration with Wallpaper* magazine and the London Design Museum. Listen in as they discuss the challenges, insights and outcomes of this remarkable initiative.