Add To Cart
COVID-19: Australian eCommerce Impact (So Far). Assessing the impact and exploring tactics for Australian retailers | #008
In this episode of Add To Cart, we are joined by Kate Collinson, eCommerce consultant & growth marketer and Craig Somerville, Managing Director of digital marketing agency Reload Media. We discuss the ways in which the CoronaVirus pandemic is impacting the retail landscape in Australia and around the world and how businesses can best respond to this unprecedented crisis.
Questions answered in the podcast include:
- What impacts on retail are we seeing from Coronavirus?
- What are the surprising trends you’ve seen so far during this crisis?
- What are some short term tactics to ride out the wave?
- What other changes do you see coming?
Links from the episode:
- How Marketers Can Adapt to the Coronavirus Impact (Craig Somerville)
- 2020 in eCommerce: What To Expect (Kate Collinson)
- Retail in the time of coronavirus (Nathan Bush)
- Coke’s social distance messaging
- Dettol’s Handwash Challenge
- Tigerlily and Kikki K struggle
- Millennials change spending habits most amid Coronavirus outbreak
- Shopify Plus Commerce Evaluation Guide (Sponsored)
This episode was brought to you by…
Shopify merchants broke records over the BFCM weekend selling over $2.9 billion USD worth of goods across 175 countries, up from last year’s $1.8 billion. Over 1,000,000 merchants rely on the Shopify platform on days like Black Friday to scale and grow their business. Merchants don’t need to worry about their site crashing because Shopify takes care of the tech and merchants can focus on what matters. If you had a not-so-great BFCM, it might be worth considering whether you’re on the right platform. Shopify Plus have a handy Commerce Evaluation Guide that walks you through what questions to ask and what you need to consider when choosing the right commerce platform for your business. You can download the guide at shopifyplus.promo/commerce-guide.
Nathan Bush is the founder and lead strategist at eCommerce consultancy, 12HIGH. He has led eCommerce for businesses with revenue $100m+ and has been recognised as one of Australia’s Top 50 People in eCommerce four years in a row. You can contact Nathan on LinkedIn, Twitter or via email.
Kate is an eCommerce consultant & growth marketer specialising in Shopify & Shopify Plus with a decade’s experience in eCommerce. She’s often called a “digital Swiss army knife” by clients, with a wide skillset spanning data & analytics, digital and platform strategy, paid media and customer lifecycle marketing. She works with retailers including Nimble Activewear, The Daily Edited and Steele label. You can contact Kate on LinkedIn
Craig is Managing Director of digital marketing agency Reload Media, a multi-national agency with offices in London, Brisbane and Manila. Craig’s worked with some of the world’s leading brands on all aspects of their digital marketing, and is a regular industry speaker at events such as Online Retailer and Shopify Unite. You can contact Craig on LinkedIn
Please contact us if you:
- Want to come on board as an Add To Cart sponsor
- Are interested in joining Add To Cart as a co-host
- Have any feedback or suggestions on how to make Add To Cart better
Email email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!