View all episodes
34. Black Midi, The Tragically Hip & Andy Stott53:10Oops, we've crept over the 50-minute line. Can we still be called A Quick One? No longer the 3-minute wonders of our youth. But I couldn't cut out the fascinating asides, including surprising (to me) facts about the the life of late David Gest.Black Midi - John LThe Tragically Hip - Not NecessaryAndy Stott - Don't Know How (feat. Alison Skidmore)
33. Lump, Fog Lake & White Flowers49:41We are celebrating our almost first birthday with an episode sticking to our tried and tested formula. Don't call us formulaic, though.Lump - AnimalFog Lake - DakotaWhite Flowers - Night DriveHere's a link to Robin's Hugh Grant themed podcast: Hugh Do Hugh Think Hugh Are?
32. Ducks Ltd, The Bug Club & The Antlers44:40After a month off, we return triumphantly with the help of new team member, Robin. Well, I say triumphantly - technical glitches meant an editing headache and a less-than-optimum listening experience in parts of this episode, for which we apologise sincerely. Bear with us; we'll be back, better, stronger, faster.Ducks Ltd - As Big As All OutsideThe Bug Club - We Don't Need Room For Lovin'The Antlers - It Is What It IsMatty shamelessly promotes the latest offering from The Tall Boy: 'Other People's Songs', available at https://thetallboyuk.bandcamp.com/album/other-peoples-songs
31. Fake Fruit, Du Blonde & The Chills36:52Which of these songs is your favourite? Do you agree with us?Fake Fruit - No MutualsDu Blonde - I'm Glad That We Broke UpThe Chills - Monolith
29. The Reds, Pinks & Purples, Opposite Sex and Warm Red41:13Three more hot hits are discussed, amongst other things...The Reds, Pinks & Purples - The Record Player and the Damage DoneOpposite Sex - Shoots Me Like a KnifeWarm Red - Comes Out
28. Jane Weaver, Persona & Tele Novella39:37We're back with three cracking tracks on which to feast your ears. Follow the links to watch the videos as you listen.Jane Weaver - HeartlowPersona - Old Man, Young WomanTele Novella - Paper Crown
27. Cheekface, Swansea Sound & Lynks40:27They're back for season 2, chapter 2021, and looking for the latest hot sounds, and ideas for features. In this episode, sound effects, which may not last beyond this, episode 27.Cheekface - Call Your MomSwansea Sound - I Sold My Soul on EbayLynks - Everyone's Hot (And I'm Not)
26. 2020: It wasn't all bad...37:10It's the final show of the year, therefore we have to look back, but then we must look forward.