A Conversation In Time
6. Rupert Whitaker and JJ Bola In Conversation24:37Rupert Whitaker is co-founder of the Terrence Higgins Trust and founder of the Tuke Institute, where he has worked for over 40 years in the field of medicine and science with a keen focus on empowering individuals to care for their own health. Rupert Whitaker’s chosen guest to be in conversation with is JJ Bola, poet and author of “Mask Off” a nonfiction book redefining masculinity amongst young people. In this episode they discuss stereotypes and comparisons within masculinity and how this has impacted their life past and present.
5. James Massiah and Matt Rodwell In Conversation29:23James Massiah is a celebrated poet, spoken word artist and musician. He has performed in the Houses of Parliament and for the British monarchy. James Massiah’s chosen guest to be in conversation with is Matt Rodwell, a male model and fitness expert who recently opened his own gym Arc Athletics Club. In this episode they discuss the impact of mental health issues and how writing and fitness have seen both of them move forward in a positive way.
4. Rt Hon Stuart Lawrence and Guvna B In Conversation24:37Author, motivational and public speaker the Rt Hon Stuart Lawrence is the younger brother of the late Stephen Lawrence. The Rt Hon Stuart Lawrence’s chosen guest to be in conversation with is rapper, author and broadcaster Guvna B. In this episode they discuss identity within the black community and how their vision of parenting has changed.
3. Kamille and MNEK In Conversation28:41Kamille is one of the music industry's most prolific singer songwriters and a record label owner who began life working as a stockbroker in the City of London. Kamille’s chosen guest to be in conversation with is Uzoechi Osisioma Emenike professionally known as MNEK. A Grammy- nominated singer, songwriter and record producer. In this episode they discuss diversity in the music industry and how music has impacted their mental health.
Adam Gemili and Andrew Pozzi In Conversation38:45Adam Gemili is a British sprinter who has represented his country at the World Championships , European and Commonwealth games. Most recently representing Team GB in the Tokyo Olympics.Adam Gemili has chosen to be in conversation with fellow Olympian and British athlete sprint hurdler Andrew Pozzi, who also competed at the Tokyo Olympics.In this episode they discuss how sport has played such a huge part in their life and how important it is to invest in mental health support when dealing with injury.
1. Kai Isaiah Jamal and Jasmine Mans In Conversation35:13Kai Isaiah Jamal is a poet, model and visibility activist who is at the forefront of conversations about gender and trans activism. Kai Isaiah Jamal’s chosen guest to be in conversation with is Jasmine Mans a spoken word poet, artist and author of “Black Girl, Call Home” a poetry collection about race, feminism and identity. In this episode they discuss how they keep their mental health in check, along with the methods they use to create space for themselves in an ever-changing world.