The College Connection Podcast
Regulatory-focused, info & education sessions for RNs & NPs in Newfoundland & Labrador
9. Tips for Renewal01:07:58The final episode of 2023 will provide RNs and NPs in NL with an overview of how Alinity works for annual licensing renewal, logging your CCP, and why it’s important to keep your profile up to date. Please note for video demonstrations it it may be helpful to visit the College Website or visit our YouTube Channel .
View all episodes
8. New Graduate Nurses’ Mental Health and Well-being45:12Dr. Robin Devey-Burry, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Nursing, Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador joins Kelly and Michelle and provides an overview of an on-going research study focused on new graduate nurses’ mental health and well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic and the supportive resources they require.
7. RNs & Disciplinary Actions: How it Works01:04:52This podcast/education event will provide listeners with an overview of the process that occurs when the College receives an allegation related to a registrant’s practice or conduct that is alleged to be unacceptable and deserving of sanction. The Director of Professional Conduct Review (PCR) will discuss the College’s authorization, in the interest of public protection, to intervene when practice is unacceptable and the responsibilities of RNs and NPs to report professional misconduct to the College.Guest: Brenda Carroll, Director of Professional Conduct Review at the College of RNs
6. A Conversation with the Provincial Chief Nursing Officer of NLHS32:24Join College staff for a Conversation with the Provincial Chief Nursing Officer NLHS Joanne Pelley. Ms. Pelley provides insight into her role of Provincial Chief Nursing Officer for Newfoundland and Labrador Health Services (NLHS) and how the role functions in the newly established provincial health authority.
5. The Importance of Alinity01:23:34Please Note: to view the slides/presentation which accompany this episode, visit the College of Registered Nurses YouTube page. Join staff and practice consultants as we discuss The Importance of Alinity: A Guide to the new licensing and registration software used by the College of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador. This important education event and Podcast recording will provide RNs and NPs in NL with an overview of how Alinity works for annual licensing renewal, logging your CCP, and why it's important to keep your profile up to date.
4.1. Scope of Practice of RNs & LPNs01:07:21Original Presentation Date: 30 October 2023Re-released due to technical issues This collaborative presentation between the College of Registered Nurses of NL (CRNNL) and the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of NL (CLPNNL) outlines the similarities and differences between RNs and LPNs scope of practice. The presenters speak about regulatory expectations, professional accountability, self-reflections on individual scope of practice, client predictability, assignment, and they conclude the presentation with a practice scenario.Original Presentation Date: 30 October 2023
1.1. Lessons Learned01:14:07Original Presentation Date: 26 September 2023 and edited In this education event, we will review lessons learned from the 2023 audit of the new CCP via the CCP Portal.This is an important event that we recommend all RNs and NPs review. We will explore common missteps from last year and instances where RNs and NPs failed to correctly capture learning hours, impact statements, and summative evaluations.This education event will also offer tips for success to allow RNs & NPs to log into “My Learning” in Alinity and make any necessary changes to their current learning to meet CCP requirements for licensure renewal.