12. Facing and Overcoming Burnout | Am Golhar [S3E12]35:07In this episode of Rooted Within with Lili and Dan, we meet Am Golhar, a creative entrepreneur and media voice. Am delves into her younger years, her work in fashion, and her development of burnout after 18 years in the creative industry. She explains the impact of burnout on her mental state, and gives meaningful insight of how to handle it. Listen in for some meaningful insight and advice for how to maintain a positive perspective of an otherwise difficult situation.On this episode, Am discusses:Family historyJourney into fashionLife before burnoutDeveloping burnoutDoing a million units during the Christmas jumper boom"Everything I’ve learned is to share back"Watch the full episode on Youtube.Follow Rooted Within on Instagram HERE.
View all episodes
11. The Difficult Journey of Rowing Across the Atlantic | Katie Pattison-Hart [S3E11]59:08In this episode of Rooted Within with Lili and Dan, Katie explore her career journey and experience rowing across the Atlantic Ocean. Katie discusses how the loss of a job had impacted her ego and how she found herself with the opportunity to row across the Atlantic. She delves into her difficult training, how she mentally prepared for the journey and the bittersweet feeling of stepping onto dry land at the end. Tune in for an inspiring story about pushing yourself to your limits and self-belief.On this episode, Katie discusses:Katie’s childhood and experience with educationGetting a new job in DubaiLosing investmentsRowing across the AtlanticEgo taking a hit after losing jobCome down after rowing across the AtlanticWatch the full episode on Youtube.Follow Rooted Within on Instagram HERE.
10. Tapping Into Your Intuition and Gut | Noona Nafousi [S3E10]50:26In this episode of Rooted Within with Lili and Dan, Noona delves into the topic of neurolinguistic programming and how it can help manipulate the brain to achieve desired outcomes. Noona shares her personal experience of reconnecting with someone from her past and the emotions it evoked. She also discusses the importance of understanding childhood experiences and how they shape our beliefs about fear. Tune in to explore the power of the mind and be inspired to make positive changes in your own life.On this episode, Noona discusses:Neurolinguistic programmingAssessing people through eye movementSelf-accountability and burnoutRecruitment challenges and mistreatmentTurning negative experiences into positivesUncovering hidden emotionsWatch the full episode on Youtube.Follow Rooted Within on Instagram HERE.
9. From Homelessness to Happiness: Becoming a Monk, Spirituality and Ethics | Dr. Rex [S3E9]41:57In this episode of Rooted Within, Dr. Rex shares his journey from a monastery to the outside world, where he faced the challenges of survival and adapting to a new lifestyle. Rex discusses his struggle to find peace within himself and his acceptance of different beliefs and practices as long as they don't harm others. Lili, Dan and Rex also delve into the topic of ethics and how it is tested in everyday life. Tune in to gain insight into Rex's inspiring story and reflect on your own ethical choices.On this episode, Dr. Rex discusses:Becoming a monkHomelessness in ManilaLeaving the monasteryTeaching ethicsLove and unrealistic expectationsSacrificing oneself for othersWatch the full episode on Youtube.Follow Rooted Within on Instagram HERE.
8. Fearing For Your Baby's Life & Navigating Life's Challenges | Rucha [S3E8]34:32In this episode of Rooted Within, Lili and Dan speak with Rucha, a courageous mother who shares her inspiring story of resilience and the importance of asking for support. Rucha discusses her experience in the NICU, where she faced challenges and uncertainty while holding onto hope for her child's survival. She emphasizes the significance of having a support system and encourages women to reach out for help at every stage of life. Tune in to be inspired by Rucha's journey and learn how you can make a difference in your own life.On this episode, Rucha discusses:Nationality-based job discriminationSeizures and birth complicationsMotherhood and expectationsThe importance of seeking helpRegaining lost identityThe struggle of feeling fulfilledWatch the full episode on Youtube.Follow Rooted Within on Instagram HERE.
7. From Devoutly Religious to Embracing Sexuality: The Journey of Self-Acceptance | Rocky [S3E7]01:06:04In this episode of Rooted Within, Lili and Dan speak with Rocky as he shares his journey of embracing his sexual-identity and finding happiness. They discuss the importance of self-acceptance, the freedom that comes with letting go of societal expectations, and the impact religion and culture can have on one's identity. The episode also touches on the complexities of family, marriage and the need for self-care. Tune in to be inspired by this conversation about love and personal fulfillment.On this episode, Rocky discusses:Hispanic family converting to IslamReligious identityFirst kisses and suppressed feelingsIdentity crisis and sacrificeSpeculating about sexualityComing out to your wife and childrenEmbracing love and living your truthWatch the full episode on Youtube.Follow Rooted Within on Instagram HERE.
6. The Real Heroine's Journey: From Periods to Menopause | Anne Marie McQueen [S3E6]56:58In the episode of Rooted Within, Anne Marie McQueen discusses her difficult experiences as a journalist and how her personal experience of losing her mother to pancreatic cancer at a young age motivated her to seek alternative paths and eventually led her to the UAE. She mentions that women with mental health challenges, trauma, or adverse childhood experiences often face additional difficulties. She acknowledges that everyone reaches a point where their usual coping mechanisms stop working, and it becomes necessary to find new approaches.On this episode, Anne Marie discusses:The emotionally traumatizing nature of journalismTrauma lives in the bodyThe unspoken impacts of menopauseThe taboo around menopauseResearch on menopause needs more researchMidlife crisis is a transformative passageWatch the full episode on Youtube.Follow Rooted Within on Instagram HERE.