The Historians Magazine Podcast
Special Episode: Honor Cargill-Martin
Season 3, Ep. 9
Katie Arnold, Managing Editor of The Little Historians Magazine, chats with Honor Cargill-Martin about her book Messalina ahead of her talk at Chelsea History Festival.
View all episodes
10. Special Episode: Chelsea History Festival with Sue Medway08:20Chris chats to Director of Chelsea Physic Garden, Sue Medway, at Chelsea History Festival.
8. Special Episode: Francesca Peacock18:40Chris Riley chats with Author and arts journalist, Francesca Peacock, ahead of her talk at Chelsea History festival. They discuss her new book about the life of Margaret Cavendish, and film and TV.
7. Special Episode: Gloucester History Festival with Dr Janina Ramirez10:08A special episode of our Podcast from Gloucester History Festival, with Dr Janina Ramirez. Editor-in-Chief, Rosie, chats with Janina about Gloucester History Festival, and asks some Film-related questions, ready for the Film and TV Edition.
6. Series 3 Episode 6: The First Le Man with Rosie Maggs19:11On this episode of The Historians Magazine Podcast host Jackson van Uden once again sat down with Rosie Maggs, but this time it was in her capacity as a feature writer in the Motorsport Edition of The Historians Magazine. In this podcast episode Jackson and wrote spoke about how Le Man came into being, the fortunes of a Bentley in the race, and some of the peculiarities of the race before answering a couple of questions from you, the listeners! To keep up to date with The Historians Magazine head to: https://thehistoriansmagazine.com/
5. Series 3 Episode 5: British Motor Museum28:43In this episode our host Jackson van Uden talks to Curator Cat Boxall, in The Historians Magazine's first-ever on-site interview, all about the British Motor Museum, their collections, the mission behind the museum, and the museum's 30th Anniversary celebration! Cat also answer your listener questions on the podcast! To get an ad-free experience subscribe to Past and Present Media+To keep up to date with The Historians Magazine, become a member of the magazine, read past editions and articles, and submit your own articles head to: thehistoriansmagazine.com
4. Series 3 Episode 4: History of Women in Motorsport Rachel Harris-Gardiner38:44In this episode, our podcast host Jackson is joined by historian and author Rachel Harris-Gardiner as they discuss the history of women in motorsport looking at their history on both sides of the Atlantic in their respective major motorsport series! To keep up to date with The Historians Magazine head to thehistoriansmagazine.com
3. Series 3 Episode 3: Brooklands Museum19:11In this episode of The Historians Magazine Podcast our host Jackson van Uden sits down with Brooklands Museum Digital Marketing Officer Rosie Maggs to discuss the history of Brooklands, its racing past, its place in the history of aviation, and how it came to be a museum before answering questions from you the listeners! This was such a wide-ranging conversation that even touched on the role of Tesco in the history of Brooklands. To learn about Brooklands Museum head to: https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/To keep up to date with The Historians Magazine head to: https://thehistoriansmagazine.com/
6. Chalke Valley History Festival Special: Drivetime Recap Ep.318:19On this final episode of The Historians Magazine Special Chalke Valley History Festival Podcast Mini-Series Jackson, Chris and Katie are back to re-cap the day! They discuss what they did on their final day at Chalke, who they met, their favourite moments, and of course everyone's favourite part of the episodes...their food! To learn about Chalke Valley History Festival head to: https://cvhf.org.uk/To keep up to date with The Historians Magazine head to: https://thehistoriansmagazine.com/