It's About Language, with Norah Jones
86. Episode 86 – Inviting You to Reflect With Leslie Baldwin, NADSFL Supervisor of the Year 202317:49Episode 86 Inviting You to Reflect With Leslie Baldwin, NADSFL Supervisor of the Year 2023. In this episode, we reflect on our gift of language and its impact on our identity, our community, and our destiny. Join me – Listen and Download to share with your friends and colleagues
Episode 85 – IAL at FLAVA: The Walk of Hope42:07In this episode of Its About Language Norah speaks with World Language Educators at FLAVA, who share the importance and impact of language on their own lives and the lives of the young people they teach.
84. Episode 84 – A Conversation with Thomas and Collier on Dual Language Realities53:35Episode 84 a conversation with Drs. Collier & Thomas. Internationally known for their research on long-term school effectiveness for linguistically and culturally diverse students.Listen - Download -Share!
82. Episode 82 - You Are Invited to... Prove Your Language Skills.35:26Language skills are a tool for life, enabling individuals to access opportunities and connect with people around the world. The languages you speak influence what jobs you might hold, where you choose to work, or even whom you meet while traveling abroad. You’re invited to listen and download Episode 82; where Norah Jones speaks with Linda Egnatz (Executive Direct of the Global Seal) about Proving Your Language Skills.
81. Episode 81 – You Are Invited to… Celebrate Your Heritage.37:23When the world is changing, it can be hard to find your way. But what if you could follow your past and future simultaneously? What if you could see where you came from and where you're going at the same time?That's exactly what Norah Jones and guest Joy Peyton discuss in episode 81 of It’s About Language. In this episode, they talk about heritage languages in the US and around the world, how people of all ages find their path to language and identity, and how that can inspire us.
80. Episode 80 – Your Invitation to: Go Beyond Borders25:40Norah Jones and guest Limeteze Pierre-Gilles share the language-centered rescue and community leadership work in Haiti of the non-profit organization Beyond Borders.
79. Episode 79 – It’s About Language: It’s About YOU18:55Norah Jones introduces the new season of It’s About Language , with a call to use language to positively address our urgent social and global challenges.
78. Episode 78 – Opportunity, Equity, Justice47:24Listen here, download and share as Jenniffer Whyte shares her insights and award-winning language education ways as she explores being an Afro-Latina teacher in the rural south.
77. Episodio 77 – IAL a la AATSP44:39For this third and final episode from the AATSP conference in Puerto Rico, Norah Jones shares participants’ stories that could only emerge from the heart of their native Spanish language.