From the trenches
What drove this company to generate $1.2 billion in real estate transactions last year?
William Wright Commercial Real Estate Services is a dynamic, energetic, and enthusiastic approach to commercial real estate marketing. A new age look at connecting clients to their goals within the commercial markets and helping them build their business one transaction at a time.
With more offices, in more BC markets; William Wright Commercial can provide the most up to date information and in-market data allowing clients to make even the most difficult decisions with confidence. William Wright Commercial proudly operates offices in Vancouver, New Westminster, Langley, Kelowna, Victoria and soon to be Kamloops.
Learn more about William Wright by visiting: williamwright.ca.
- Cory's Final 4:
- Book: Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap... and Others Don't - Jim Collins.
- Best advice: "Be a sponge, learn to absorb as much as you can, always listen, don't be the one always talking."
- App: Peloton.
- Restaurant: Darcy's Pub.
- For more local news impacting business, visit: www.businessexaminer.ca
View all episodes
Let's Go Build with the Western Retail Lumber Association18:45The Western Retail Lumber Association Inc. today is comprised of over 1,150 member firms involved in the building supply industry on the prairies. The WRLA represents the interests of members in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Northwest Territories, NW Ontario, Yukon and Nunavut, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information in the industry.The WRLA office is located in the Electric Railway Chambers Building in downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba and is staffed by four full-time and 1 part-time employees. Association business is managed by a thirteen member Board of Directors which includes a five member executive.For more information, please visit: wrla.org and letsgobuild.caLiz's Final 4:Books: John Maxwell | The Atlas Six - Olivie BlakeBest advice: "Always show up."App: Garmin ConnectFavourite restaurants: Deer + AlmondPodcast Publisher: Business Examiner News GroupFor more local news impacting business in British Columbia, visit businessexaminer.ca.
Seaflora Skincare - Adam Butcher, CEO29:28As the world’s first skincare line based on USDA certified organic seaweed, Seaflora Skincare aims to preserve and promote thalassotherapy: the healing powers of wild seaweed, marine minerals, ocean mud, and sea salts, for health and beauty. They only incorporate whole, wild, raw seaweeds into our product line – no other company in the world meets this standard.For more information, please visit: www.seafloraskincare.comAdam's Final 4:Book: Predictable Revenue - Aaron Ross & Marylou Tyler | Hyper Sales Growth - Jack DalyBest advice: "You get in your head, you're dead."App: Windy.app | ChatGPTFavourite restaurants: NORI JAPANESE RESTAURANT | The Lazy Gecko | West Coast GrillPodcast Publisher: Business Examiner News GroupFor more local news impacting business in British Columbia, visit businessexaminer.ca.
Peninsula Co-op - Corey Gillon, CEO23:00Peninsula Co-op is a Vancouver Island based co-operative with their core business in grocery, petroleum and convenience stores employing more than 350 full and part-time employees.Their services include:18 gas centres with convenience stores located on Southern Vancouver Island between Sidney and Duncan; in Comox and Campbell River.5 local network cardlocks and 7 system-wide cardlocks on the Island.2 liquor stores in the Greater Victoria Area.Home heating oil sales and distribution.Food Centre (full-service grocery store) located in Saanichton.Since 1977 we remain entirely locally owned and proudly share profits with our 108,000 member-owners, community and staff.For more information, please visit: www.peninsulaco-op.comCorey's Final 4:Book: Made in America - Sam Walton.Best advice: "You have to be extremely patient with long term objectives, but equally impatient with short term objectives."App: fuboTV | BC FerriesFavourite restaurants: Little Jumbo Restaurant and Bar.Podcast Publisher: Business Examiner News GroupFor more local news impacting business in British Columbia, visit businessexaminer.ca.
Fraser Valley CRE specialist Frontline Real Estate's new President & CEO stops by to chat21:33Frontline Real Estate Services is a full-service real estate firm specializing in the Fraser Valley and Metro Vancouver. Their acute local focus, innovative marketing systems and cooperative team structure enable them to deliver powerful results.The company has invested heavily in advanced administrative systems that allow their brokers to maximize their efficiency and spend more time selling. They have developed a sophisticated marketing system that combines the best of traditional brokerage methods with new technology allowing buyers and sellers to connect faster and more effectively.For more information, please visit: flre.ca.Amyn's Final 4:Book: Barbarians at the Gate Book - Bryan Burrough & John Helyar | A Fine Balance - Rohinton MistryBest advice: "Live my material life as if I'm going to live forever, and my spiritual life as if I'm going to die tomorrow."App: Starbucks.Favourite restaurants: Earls Kitchen + Bar Restaurants.Podcast Publisher: Business Examiner News GroupFor more local news impacting business in British Columbia, visit businessexaminer.ca.
55 year commercial real estate veteran Bev Highton talks shop, industry and more!23:20NAI Commercial (Victoria) Inc. specializes in commercial real estate sales, leasing and property management, as well as residential sales and development, working with local business leaders in brokerage services and asset management. Their qualified professional team offers years of specialized experience in all aspects of Real Estate.NAI Commercial (Victoria) Inc. is licensed under the Real Estate Act for the Province of BC and is a long standing member of community organizations including the Better Business Bureau, Canadian Federation of Independent Businesses and the Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce. For the protection of their clients they carry a comprehensive insurance policy including errors and omissions.For more information, please visit: www.naivictoria.ca.Bev's Final 4:Book: Treasure Island Novel - Robert Louis Stevenson | The Splendid and the Vile - Erik Larson.Best advice: "Beware of people quoting statistics, they use them more like the drunk uses the lamppost, more for support than illumination."App: PredictWind.Favourite restaurants: Deep Cove Chalet.Podcast Publisher: Business Examiner News GroupFor more local news impacting business in British Columbia, visit businessexaminer.ca.
Edgewood Health Network (EHN Canada) - Dr. Christina Basedow, Vice President, National Operations25:42EHN Canada's network of recovery centres offers medically excellent mental health treatment from coast to coast. They cover a wide range of needs, from outpatient therapy to short-term detox stays and multi-month treatment for mental health and substance use disorders.For more information, please visit: www.edgewoodhealthnetwork.com.Dr. Christina's Final 4:Book: A House in the Sky: A Memoir - Amanda Lindhout, Sara Corbett.Best advice: "How can I be soft on people, but hard on process?"App: The Weather Network.Favourite restaurants: II Terrazzo.Podcast Publisher: Business Examiner News GroupFor more local news impacting business in British Columbia, visit businessexaminer.ca.
77. South Vancouver Island's Talon Signs celebrates 10 years in business!11:18Talon Signs offers a wide array of services providing clients with a single accountable source for signage that saves time, provides manufacturing continuity, and guarantees premium quality. The breadth and variety of Talon Signs’ fabrication and installation capabilities encompass the full spectrum of visual communication from corporate identity signage to comprehensive way-finding packages including interior and exterior components, illuminated signs, LED message boards and digitally imaged graphics to custom designed vehicle wraps and special event banners.A plethora of media and material options are available including an almost limitless colour palette to make almost any concept a reality. Their practical field experience, site analysis skills, layout and shop drawing capabilities, fabrication expertise, and extensive on-site installation experienceenable Talon Signs to accomplish client objectives, providing a quality product economically and on time.For more information, please visit: talonsigns.comRenee's Final :Best advice: "Work together as a team, and have a positive attitude."Favourite restaurants: Sushi Langford.Podcast Publisher: Business Examiner News GroupFor more local news impacting business in British Columbia, visit businessexaminer.ca.
76. Finding the Future with Futurpreneur Canada21:13Futurpreneur has been fueling the entrepreneurial passions of Canada’s young enterprise for over two decades. We are the only national, non-proﬁt organization that provides ﬁnancing, mentoring and support tools to aspiring business owners aged 18-39. Our internationally recognized mentoring program hand matches young entrepreneurs with a business expert from a network of more than 2,600 volunteer mentors.For more information, please visit: www.futurpreneur.ca. Andrea can be reached on LinkedIn here.Andrea's Final 4:Books: The Four Agreements - Don Miguel Ruiz.Best advice: "Don't do it alone, ask for help."Apps: Google Maps & LinkedIn.Favourite restaurants: Working Culture Bread | Varsha Indian Kitchen | The Coriander Indian RestaurantPodcast Publisher: Business Examiner News GroupFor more local news impacting business in British Columbia, visit businessexaminer.ca.
75. What is happening with Nanaimo's Real Estate market? John Cooper provides his expert insights25:26John Cooper is a seasoned real estate professional who launched his career just before the global economic recession hit. Despite this challenging time, John worked hard and quickly rose to the top of his local RE/MAX office's list of top agents. He has been helping families buy and sell homes on Vancouver Island since 2007 when he and his young family moved to Nanaimo from Vancouver. With a background in digital marketing, John saw an opportunity to innovate in the local real estate market and has been a leader in the industry's digital evolution ever since.John's real estate business, the John Cooper Group, is centred around technological innovation and client education. His core purpose is to celebrate and share the unique, affordable, and community-minded lifestyle that can be found on Vancouver Island, surrounded by stunning natural beauty. By focusing on a boutique agency model with the cutting-edge brokerage model, EXP Realty, John has built a small but mighty team that is highly effective at providing experienced guidance, effective marketing, and personalized service to their clients.He has also been recognized for his hard work and dedication to the industry. Including: the EXP Icon Award (which he has won four times), the Top 20 Under 40 Award, the 2020 VIREB Service Award, the Realtors Care Award, and the RE/MAX Lifetime Achievement Award, Hall of Fame Award, Diamond Club Team Award, Chairmans's Award, and Platinum Club Award. He is also a former President of the DNBIA. John is grateful for these accolades and is dedicated to continuing to provide top-notch service to his clients.For more information, please visit: www.coopergroup.ca.John's Final 4:Books: Traction - Gino Wickman | This Is Marketing - Seth Godin.Best advice: "You want to be where the action is."Apps: Oura Ring.Favourite restaurants: Horang.Podcast Publisher: Business Examiner News GroupFor more local news impacting business in British Columbia, visit businessexaminer.ca.