Mom SLOW DOWN!
Failing Forward with Lindsay Preston
Here today to share her unique story of heartbreak, triumph, and hope is multi-certified women’s leadership coach, Lindsay Preston, who has dedicated her life to helping women become the strongest version of themselves. In today’s episode, she shares what it was like to find out that her ex husband was living a double life and how her two-year-old daughter became her motivation to be strong and rebuild her life. She reveals a bit about her therapy journey, as well as her introduction to coaching as a client before becoming a coach herself. Next, Lindsay shares the feeling, dealing, and healing process that she walks through with her clients and the step-by-step programme that she utilizes to help clients silence their inner critic. You’ll also hear why she considers failure to be nothing more than unexpected data and how she teaches her clients to ‘fail forward’, as well as her current relationship with mentorship and coaching and how it enriches her work as a coach. Tune in to hear why Lindsay decided to make her divorce the best thing that ever happened to her and how she teaches other women to navigate life’s challenges, one at a time!
Key Points From This Episode:
- What it was like for Lindsay to find out that her ex husband was living a double life.
- How her two-year-old daughter became her motivation to be strong and rebuild her life.
- Why she has chosen to share the story of her divorce with her daughter, who is now 11.
- Lindsay shares her journey with therapy and how her anxiety and depression manifested as insecurities in her marriage.
- How she was introduced to coaching as a client before becoming multi-certified as a coach.
- Why Lindsay addresses the past as well as the present when she coaches her clients.
- The feeling, dealing, and healing process she teaches clients to fully express their emotions.
- The step-by-step process Lindsay follows to help clients to silence their inner critic.
- The exercises she uses to help uncover the authentic self and what it feels like in the body.
- Why you are able to make authentic decisions when you listen to the ‘hell yes’ in your body.
- What her ideal client looks like: from people starting out in their careers and feeling disillusioned to women raising children and more.
- Finding the mindset tools to view failure as unexpected data to ‘fail forward’.
- What sets Lindsay apart as a coach: intuitively understanding each clients’ special sauce.
- Learn more about the embodiment coach that Lindsay goes to.
- The work she is doing on anti-racism training with a coach.
- How she decided to make her divorce the best thing that ever happened to her.
- Why it’s more powerful to know and understand yourself than to follow a 1-2-3-step process.
- How leaders in the future are going to own their feminine power, even men!
- The Simple Success process, with the first three months building a new sense of you, the next three owning who you are authentically, and the final three taking action.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:Support the show (https://paypal.me/momslowdown)