Active Ingredient Podcast
Moving through our upper limits with Gay Hendricks
Today, in definitely one of my career highlights, I interviewed one of my favorite authors of all time Gay Hendricks!!!! I went to his house in Ojai and we had the most amazing conversation in his living room about the fear of being seen, the upper limit problem, his 500 years life plan, and the healing power of love.
The author of The Big Leap, Conscious Loving, and Zone of Genius, also shared the story of his own enlightenment, the moment he connected with his essence: the unprogrammed part of himself.
Plus, Gay shared his thoughts on the education system, the power of identifying the things that scare us, his own zone of genius, and so much more.
Some Questions I Ask:
- Talk to me about this enlightenment moment you had at 24. What happened? (13:15)
- What is a tangible next step for someone who is now in a place where they can identify the thing holding them back? What's the next step? (31:43)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Human beings have the power to reinvent themselves (11:34)
- Gay's perspective on the upper limit problem (26:15)
- Blame is the cocaine of relationships (35:42)
- How can we differentiate the kinds of fear we feel (42:19)
- Why are we so afraid of being seen (45:13)
- What is wrong with our education system (53:03)
- The best inbox in the world (58:28)
- Love is the only power that can embrace its opposite (65:33)
Connect with Gay:
- Active Ingredient Instagram
- Sophie Weill Instagram
- Join the Active Ingredient Geneva Community