Episode 115: Life Pegs
In this episode, we talk about the people who we put on a pedestal, the people who we base the trajectory of our lives on. Ah, yes, the Life Peg!
What's the good and the bad of having one? What to do if someone calls you their life peg? Tune in and find out, dear podpals.
View all episodes
119. Episode 119: The Cringe List01:49:04We all know that feeling. But really, what does 'cringe' really mean? And more importantly, what do the things that make us cringe tell us about ourselves?Sit down and listen as we give you a list of things that make us cringe. Whether you agree or disagree with us, you'll sure have a fun telebabad hour! Plus, we'll be reading out what our podpals have sent us.
Episode 118: Teletravels - Cj’s Adventure in NYC01:54:14I’d like to be a part of it…New York, New York!”And it’s another tele-travels episode, pod pals! This time around we are talking about Cj’s solo trip to the Big Apple during the Halloween break.Yes, join on the fun as Cj tells stories about her first time in Broadway, rich kids, bagels, bookstores, and karaoke bars. Sidebars include our favorite airports and our reasons why we love solo adventures.Sit back and enjoy the show.
117. Episode 117: Superstitions01:14:27Boo! Happy Halloween, podpals! Since it’s the season of all things spooky, we’re talking about superstitions. Yes, that old chestnut.We asked the podpal community to chime in on what their strangest superstitions are—both cultural and personal--and we read them out loud.Senses-shattering sidebars include animism, pagpag, and pwera-usog, amongst other things.Tune in and have a howling good time!
Episode 116: The 2000s with Tats Paman01:52:37Podpals, Tats Paman is back! And we’re all here to discuss the decade that was Eminem and pearl shakes—the 2000s, the Aughts!Travel back in time with us as we talk about And1 sneakers, the 9-11 attacks, Master Siomai, the first iPhone model, and a whole lot more.Are you ready for the ultimate nostalgia trip, podpals? Let’s go.Also chiming in this episode is our friend Tanya Blay-Paman!
114. Episode 114: The Secret Lives of Pinoy Agnostics01:34:00And now for something a little more serious, podpals. In this episode, we talk about agnosticism in the context of being Pinoy. What is it about not being too big on religion? Tune in and find out about our secret lives as agnostics!
113. Episode 113: A Survival Guide for Aspiring Creatives01:37:54Hold up. What's this?Some random artist made a Facebook comment. It's about what's an artist and what isn't.Boom! Artist all over the Philippines had violent reactions. The whole thing blew up!And we're here now to give you our thoughts about this rather thorny subject. Could two weeks of a little R&R really be that bad?Aside from this, we're giving you unsolicited advice on how to make it as an artist in this Third World Country.Perk up your ears, podpals, and doodle while you listen to another brain-stimulatin' telebabad session.
112. Episode 112: Mama's Boys01:19:11We all have that one friend or family member. You know what we're talking about. The mama's boy. Love 'em or be annoyed with 'em, hey, they are what they are. In this episode, we talk about the psychology behind guys who love their moms a little bit too much, with sidebars such as daddy's girls and grade school experiences. Sit back on your favorite sofa, drink some tea or coffee, and tune in to another fun telebabad tapes episode!
111. Episode 111: Barbie with Richard Bolisay02:36:51One billion dollars in the box office! Fans decked in pink all over the theaters. Gasp, can Barbie be the biggest movie of 2023?And since you asked for it, here we go! With the help of our good friend Richard Bolisay, we're giving you two glorious hours talking about the movie. Did we like it or not? Guess!Sidebars include marketing tactics, Oppenheimer, woke culture, fictional beings, and more!Come on, podpals, let's go party!