Episode 105: TV Shows of Our Childhood
And we're back, podpals! Did you miss us?
After our vacation in Tokyo, we decided to wax nostalgic for the TV shows that defined our childhoods. Because why not!
From super-sentai shows to teen detective shows, yes, we're taking you down memory lane. (D'you all still remember F.L.A.M.E.S.?
So get cosy, podpals! And get to know what we were truly like as kids of the Eighties and Nineties.
View all episodes
114. Episode 114: The Secret Lives of Pinoy Agnostics01:34:00And now for something a little more serious, podpals. In this episode, we talk about agnosticism in the context of being Pinoy. What is it about not being too big on religion? Tune in and find out about our secret lives as agnostics!
113. Episode 113: A Survival Guide for Aspiring Creatives01:37:54Hold up. What's this?Some random artist made a Facebook comment. It's about what's an artist and what isn't.Boom! Artist all over the Philippines had violent reactions. The whole thing blew up!And we're here now to give you our thoughts about this rather thorny subject. Could two weeks of a little R&R really be that bad?Aside from this, we're giving you unsolicited advice on how to make it as an artist in this Third World Country.Perk up your ears, podpals, and doodle while you listen to another brain-stimulatin' telebabad session.
112. Episode 112: Mama's Boys01:19:11We all have that one friend or family member. You know what we're talking about. The mama's boy. Love 'em or be annoyed with 'em, hey, they are what they are. In this episode, we talk about the psychology behind guys who love their moms a little bit too much, with sidebars such as daddy's girls and grade school experiences. Sit back on your favorite sofa, drink some tea or coffee, and tune in to another fun telebabad tapes episode!
111. Episode 111: Barbie with Richard Bolisay02:36:51One billion dollars in the box office! Fans decked in pink all over the theaters. Gasp, can Barbie be the biggest movie of 2023?And since you asked for it, here we go! With the help of our good friend Richard Bolisay, we're giving you two glorious hours talking about the movie. Did we like it or not? Guess!Sidebars include marketing tactics, Oppenheimer, woke culture, fictional beings, and more!Come on, podpals, let's go party!
110. Episode 110: Advice for Fresh Grads01:29:47Look around you. Graduation season is in full swing.And with us being your usual mema podcasters, we’re here to dish out some advice for fresh grads—advice that actually worked for us through the years.Perk up your ears as we talk about taking a gap year, how to make a your first resume, and what to do with your first suweldo.Sidebars include stories about our graduation ceremonies, weird HR practices, and a whole lot more.
Episode 109: 6 Kinds of Friends You Need In Life01:13:48Diversify, they said. And yes, when it comes to friendships, you've got to have different types too, right? One friend can't do it all for you, c'mon!From the Out-of-Orbit Friend to the Friend Who's Smarter Than You, we run down a list of friend-types that have truly charmed our lives.So grab a cuppa and relax on the sofa, and join us on another relaxing telebabad session, podpals!
108. Episode 108: If I Win The Lottery01:19:20One hundred million pesos. In your bank account. Nobody knows except you. What would you do?And here we have this thought experiment, podpals! Indeed, what if one of us won the lottery? What would we buy? Who would we share the money with? Would we let it change our lives for the better, or for the worse?Hey, we're no financial wizards but tune in as we talk about balato, finance bros, and dream shopping sprees.
107. Episode 107: FilAms vs. Filipinos01:25:44OMG, podpals! Have you heard of the latest beef on TikTok? It's quite the warzone there with native Pinoys and Filipino-Americans bashing each other.Join us in this telebabad session as we try to unpack the reasons behind these heated arguments!Do FilAms have a superiority complex? Are mainlanders actually backwards when it comes to the global culture?Whew, there's a lot of ground to cover, podpals. Time to tune in!
106. Episode 106: 6 Kinds of People We Can’t Connect With01:35:00Hypebeast. Mx. Jargon. Alpha Male Tito. The Human Newsfeed. The Performative Human.Manic Pixie Nightmare.Yes, these are the six kinds of people Cj and Wincy can’t form a connection with.In this episode, we put these challenging personalities under the microscope and we ask ourselves, “What is it about them that we can’t vibe with?” Listen and learn, pod pals.