The Laughs Of Your Life with Doireann Garrihy
Our last show of this season and it's the final episode, a final reminder that tix are available for The Laughs of Your Life LIVE at the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre on Wednesday, 12th of April, 2023! Pick them up on bordgaisenergytheatre.ie and ticketmaster.ie.
And I'm delighted to be finishing up this season with a bang! I was delighted to welcome to the studio, my soon to be Dancing With The Stars co-host, the one only Jennifer Zamparelli.
We chatted about the Dancing With The Stars prep (involving multiple margaritas 😬), whether or not she’d still be bold enough to take on a republic of Telly red carpet, and feeling like she’s married to Sacha Baron Cohen
This season of The Laughs of your Life has once again been brought to you by F&F, fashion at Tesco. Pop in for the weekly shop and step out in style with a new wardrobe this Christmas.
View all episodes
12. Ryan Tubridy46:32Ryan Tubridy was my guest on the Season 1 finale of The Laughs of Your Life. Four years and eight seasons later, I think it’s safe to say that A LOT has changed for Virgin Radio UK’s brand new presenter. Which is why I asked him to come back as my Season 9 finale guest. He talked to me about running out of juice as the host of the Late Late show, his taxi ride to the Oireachtas Hearing, and the joys of being a ghost in London.This season of the Laughs of Your Life is brought to you by F+F Clothing, available at Tesco. Makes Fashion Sense.
11. Eoin McGee31:48You might have seen him on Instagram or his RTÉ TV shows divvying out money advice - Eoin McGee is the financial planner who has been on a mission to teach Irish people How to Be Good With Money and it was great fun to have him as my guest on today's show! He chatted to me about surviving the life-threatening fall that left him with a brain bleed, how he and his brothers honoured his Dad’s memory with a special glass of whiskey, and the first memory of laughter that involved him pissing on his friend’s head!This season of the Laughs of Your Life is brought to you by F+F Clothing, available at Tesco. Makes Fashion Sense.
10. Pat Spillane28:26From his appearances on the Sunday Game before his recent retirement, Pat Spillane became a voice and face of Irish life as familiar as Bosco or Anne Doyle! But he's much more than the crank on the couch as I came to find out. He talked to me about growing up with a pub as a playground, the mountain he had to climb to woo his wife Rosarii, and how he has managed to live his entire life without having to cook, clean, or change a nappy. 😬🤯This season of the Laughs of Your Life is brought to you by F+F Clothing, available at Tesco. Makes Fashion Sense.
9. Donal Skehan34:50From pop stardom, to food blogger, to celebrity chef and food author, Donal Skehan has had a *very* interesting career arc. He and I crossed paths about a year ago in slightly unexpected circumstances, and it was great fun to chat about that. We also chatted about the Barbie doll that came between him and his brother John, a recent dark time in his life, and getting his own back on Dustin the Turkey, amongst many other things. I hope you enjoyed this chat as much as I did.This season of the Laughs of Your Life is brought to you by F+F Clothing, available at Tesco. Makes Fashion Sense.
8. Mary Lou McDonald34:05Not for the first time on The Laughs of Your Life, I come face to face with a politician who I do an impression of! Mary Lou McDonald wasted no time in bringing that up, but she's a good sport, as well as being a fascinating guest, who I've been very keen to have on the podcast for a while. She talked to me about the failed hair glow-up that left her looking like Bosco, her unusual approach to stress relief, and where she thinks her political career could go.This season of the Laughs of Your Life is brought to you by F+F Clothing, available at Tesco. Makes Fashion Sense.
7. Arthur Gourounlian44:35Having had the pleasure of working alongside him on Dancing With The Stars, I knew Arthur Gourounlian had an incredible life story to tell. From having to flee the war in Armenia with his family at the age of 12, to creating a new life and identity for himself through dancing in Europe, to coming out to his mother, and the death threats he received from his own family about his marriage to Brian Dowling. We covered so much…. and AND yes, I asked for it and he delivered… an exclusive Beyoncé story. Chatting to Arthur was pure joy, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. ❤️This season of the Laughs of Your Life is brought to you by F+F Clothing, available at Tesco. Makes Fashion Sense.
6. Rob Kearney33:43Delighted to have legend of Irish rugby Rob Kearney joining me on today’s show. Now it goes without saying, for the past few weeks we’ve had dreams of celebrating an Irish World Cup victory with Rob in studio. Those dreams were shattered but that’s not Rob’s fault, he smashed it with his TV coverage! Go Rob! We chatted about dealing with bullying in national school, surviving two-weeks of quarantine in Australia with his wife, Jess, and, Rob gives us the boldest Last Laugh we’ve ever had...This season of the Laughs of Your Life is brought to you by F+F Clothing, available at Tesco. Makes Fashion Sense.
5. India Sasha31:41When I joined TikTok the first person who caught my eye was my guest on today's episode. India Sasha's bio describes her as the ‘CEO of One Hand Humour’ and she is without question one of the brightest and bubbliest stars of Irish TikTok right now. We chatted about growing up in Belfast and how that means seeing riots as ‘normal’ and a chance to get off school early, her family’s unique sense of humour which helped her to deal with being born with one hand, and of course, *that* superviral Rock/Paper/Scissors video.This season of the Laughs of Your Life is brought to you by F+F Clothing, available at Tesco. Makes Fashion Sense.
4. Anne Doyle32:55Well now, it's not every day you have Irish broadcasting royalty in the building. So naturally, I had to down and curtsy to the legend that is my guest on today’s pod - HRH Anne Doyle. We chatted about her ultimate cocktail of choice, why broadcasting to the nation was actually one of the loneliest feelings she has ever experience and she also told me about the incident in a Cuban hotel that showed her why it’s never a good idea to leave a party early!This season of the Laughs of Your Life is brought to you by F+F Clothing, available at Tesco. Makes Fashion Sense.