Canadian Tech Podcast
CTP Ep. 136 – Oct 15, 2017: That Was Anti-Climactic
Thanks to Techdoz.ca for the loan of the Snowball Blue Mic
Hosts & Guests
- Stuart Clark
- Derek Silva
- Google Street View Explores Quttinirpaaq in Most Northern Trip Ever
- Lenovo’s Tab 4 lineup is now available in Canada
- SanDisk releases high-speed SD cards that can survive extreme temperatures
- Federal government gives $4 million to Bell for high-speed internet in six Ontario communities
- Microsoft Edge for Android beta now available from Google Play Store
- DeepMind opens second international lab in Montreal
- CRTC wants you to share your views on the future of programming in Canada
- Smart devices can share your private data, but Canada’s privacy laws offer little protection: report
- BlackBerry QNX’s autonomous vehicle just drove on public roads for the first time
- Amazon Canada ramps up online grocery battle, promotes Whole Foods products with deep discounts
- First SingularityU Canada Summit Brings Exponential Thinking to Toronto
Stuff We Like
- Stuart – MobileSyrup Deals – 3 10ft lightning cables for $19.99
- Derek – Rainforest Connection; Android, iOS
What are you up to lately?
- Stuart – Still on the job hunt, did some sorting and purging this week. Brought greetings from the London Public Library to the Nature London plaque unveiling.
- Derek – Estonia e-Residency card has arrived, need to go pick it up. Finally getting into cryptocurrency mining, specifically with Zcash via Hashflare. Enjoying the free trial of DAZN so far. Did a bunch of sorting and purging as well.
- Huawei and UBC partner to advance the next generation of communications
- BC Tech Cube Opens to Stimulate Innovation in AR, VR and MR
- Google, IBM and others launch an open-source API for keeping tabs on software supply chains
- Everything announced at Oculus’ Connect 4 VR conference
- New B.C. online app makes it easier for tenants and landlords to resolve issues
- Snapchat is bringing contextual information to every Snap
- Dell Bets Big on IoT with Several New Announcements
- Amazon plays catch-up with Google, adds multiple voice support to the Echo
- Nuco raises $27 million to build interoperable blockchain network
Don’t forget to review us on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Spreaker, Stitcher, Player FM, iHeart.com, or wherever else you get your podcasts. Please retweet us when tweet about new episodes on Twitter, share them on Facebook, or tell a friend!
The post CTP Ep. 136 – Oct 15, 2017: That Was Anti-Climactic appeared first on Canadian Tech Podcast.