Canadian Tech Podcast
CTP Ep. 137 – Oct 22, 2017: Super Light Topics
CTP Ep. 137 – Sun, Oct. 22, 2017
Sponsored by Olio Digital Labs and Codeship
Hosts & Guests
- Jamieson Roberts
- Derek Silva
- CRTC dismisses constitutional challenge by recipient of the first CASL fine
- Microsoft Unveils Power-Packed Surface Book 2
- Here’s why mmWave spectrum is crucial to Canada’s 5G future
- Docker gives into inevitable and offers native Kubernetes support
- Windows 10 Fall Creators update is available now
- Canada's ‘super secret spy agency' is releasing a malware-fighting tool to the public
- Alphabet investing $62 million in Sidewalk Labs Toronto site
- Facebook Canada releases election integrity plan for 2019 election
- Ontario gov’t challenges students to build digital tools for $30,000 top prize
- Twitter Shares How The Platform is Tackling Abuse
- Ontario Provincial Police launch pilot ‘safe zone’ for online property transactions
- Report: Gov’ts must modernize labour laws to prepare for jobs lost to automation
Stuff We Like
- Jamieson – https://www.codeandquill.com
- Derek – Blockchain for Business – An Introduction to Hyperledger Technologies
What are you up to lately?
- Jamieson – Been doing a deep dive into the core of WordPress to work on an opinionated install and setup with security, build tools, and easy integration of deployments.
- Derek – Council meeting this past Wednesday where we approved new subdivision agreement, now accounting for all lands on west side of Kilworth to be developed over next 5-10 years. Started mining Zcash on personal machine, so I have two miners going. Registered for the “Blockchain for Business” course on edX. Found some tutorials on building Ethereum smart contracts, will dive in soon.
- Toronto’s tech talent being used to woo Amazon
- Samsung to Give Linux Desktop Experience to Smartphone Users
- Teams from over 32 countries attend Ethereum hackathon in Waterloo
- Montreal’s Covera Raises $1.5 Million for Insurtech Alternative
- Clearbanc’s Chrged Will Grow Companies on Facebook
- New Daydream View Review: Virtual reality’s low-end future
- Honk is partnering with Toronto Community Housing to offer monthly parking passes
- Toronto-based Braze Mobility reveals obstacle-detection system for wheelchairs
- Google parent-company Alphabet invests $1 billion in Lyft
- #CIX2017 panel says AI’s biggest impact on banks will be on unstructured data
- Mastercard Announces Blockchain Tech and Opens its API
- Bell Media live streaming new teen talk show ‘SIDES*’ on Twitter
- New ‘made for Google’ site links to verified third-party accessory makers
- Drone Delivery Canada gains another testing partner in plumbing and HVAC distributor Wolseley
- Explore the surface of Mars with Access Mars
Don’t forget to review us on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Spreaker, Stitcher, Player FM, iHeart.com, or wherever else you get your podcasts. Please retweet us when tweet about new episodes on Twitter, share them on Facebook, or tell a friend!
You can also follow and like our page on Facebook. Or send us an email to let us know what you think!
“District Four” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
The post CTP Ep. 137 – Oct 22, 2017: Super Light Topics appeared first on Canadian Tech Podcast.