Canadian Tech Podcast
CTP Ep. 139 – Remi, do you NOMI?
Sponsored by Olio Digital Labs and Codeship
Thanks to Techdoz.ca for the loan of the Snowball Blue Mic
Hosts & Guests
- Stuart Clark
- Derek Silva
- Rogers accidentally sent out Smart Drive registration message to wrong email list
- Government of Ontario launches autonomous vehicle research centre in Stratford
- Google is bringing its physical Picture Album service ‘Photo Books’ to Canada
- CIBC launches Remi, a new digital assistant that helps clients send global money transfers
- Amazon launches Fire TV Stick Basic Edition in Canada
- Twitter's 280-character limit comes to the masses
- Twitter cranks up display name limit after rolling out 280 character tweets
- Canadians are using an average of 1.2GB of data per month on wireless devices, says CRTC report; the telecom watchdog has released its annual wireless and internet Communications Monitoring report
- New YouTube Channel Lets Viewers Relive Classic Canadian TV
- Quebec says it will tax Netflix even without federal government support
Stuff We Like
- Stuart – Paperclip simulator *Warning: Addictive*
- Derek – Mozilla Firefox
What are you up to lately?
- Stuart – Applying for work here, there and everywhere. Trying to get more traction for SClark Consulting.
- Derek – Managing the requests for the Student Pathways Challenge at CleverHost, responding to a few RFPs at Olio, put up our Christmas trees and started decorating today, went in-depth and wrote a blog entry on Middlesex Centre’s proposed 2018 water and wastewater rates, and excited that my eldest son’s hockey team has been slotted in the ‘A’ division.
- CRTC releases 2017 communications monitoring report for broadcast content
- Eavesdropper Vulnerability Exposes Hundreds of Mobile Apps
- Air Canada has developed a VR dreamliner plane experience
- Facebook personal fundraising feature comes to Canada
- Helcim Launches All-In-One Commerce Platform
- Bell partners with Huawei and Ontario-based BeWhere for LTE-M partnership at an Ontario winery
- Before Apple and Before Microsoft, Canadian Computers Ruled, New Tech Museum Shows
Don’t forget to review us on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Spreaker, Stitcher, Player FM, iHeart.com, or wherever else you get your podcasts. Please retweet us when tweet about new episodes on Twitter, share them on Facebook, or tell a friend!
You can also follow and like our page on Facebook. Or send us an email to let us know what you think!
“District Four” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
The post CTP Ep. 139 – Remi, do you NOMI? appeared first on Canadian Tech Podcast.