Canadian Tech Podcast
CTP Ep. 142 – Dec. 3, 2017: Bell’s Feeling Lucky
Thanks to Techdoz.ca for the loan of the Snowball Blue Mic
Hosts & Guests
- Stuart Clark
- Derek Silva
- Saheba Segu, Market Development Representative at TouchBistro
- Alexandra Tucki, Software Specialist Consultant at TouchBistro
TouchBistro – https://www.touchbistro.com/
- Bell launching new prepaid wireless brand called Lucky Mobile
- Google unveils 2017’s list of top apps, games and books in Canada
- Canadian Apple Stores to hold free educational coding sessions in December
- City of Kitchener opens IoT lab in Communitech
- Google says it plans to fix Pixel 2 random rebooting issue ‘in the coming weeks’
- Here’s everything you need to know about Canada’s unlocking fee ban
- Apple's had a shockingly bad week of software problems
- Equifax revises Canadian breach numbers, increases to 19,000
- Interac and Nanopay Partner to Offer International Money Transfers
Stuff We Like
- Stuart – NASA fired up Voyager 1’s backup thrusters for the first time in 37 years
- Derek – Bloom
- Saheba – Sustainable Fashion Design
- Alexandra – Science of Self-Driving Cars
What are you up to lately?
- Stuart – A very busy week but 1st few days at the LCBO have gone well, starting a contract gig at UWO next week.
- Derek – Pumping out proposals at Olio, wrapped up the Student Pathways Challenge Thursday night, attended a Council meeting to discus 2018 capital budget, invested in the Bloom token sale and was in their Slack helping people out. Installed a new Netgear Nighthawk R7000P wireless router, installed the Storj client in favour of ZCash mining on my desktop. Also testing out a Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 laptop!
- Toronto-based InstaRyde wants to disrupt the Canadian ride-sharing market
- Smart-home tech developers may be prioritizing convenience over security
- Mobile-friendly tool launched to help search for drugs covered by OHIP+
- Ontario government looking to add Wi-Fi to province’s 74 major courthouses by 2019
- IoT pilot at UBC will help create action plan for accessible parking
Please review us on iTunes, and you can also subscribe on Google Play, TuneIn, Spreaker, Stitcher, Player FM, iHeart.com, or wherever else you get your podcasts. Please retweet us when tweet about new episodes on Twitter, share them on Facebook, or tell a friend!