IMHO Reviews Podcast
Why Audible Is Better Than Other Audiobook Services? | IMHO Reviews
If you are an avid audiobook listener, you have probably heard of Audible before. But in case you haven't, I'm going to tell you a bit about it. Here is a complete review.
Audible is the largest marketplace for audiobooks in the world. Its library boasts an impressive collection of over 450,000 audiobooks.
How much does Audible cost?
Audible offers different monthly and annual plans. The Gold plan costs $14,95 a month or $149,50 per year and includes 1 credit (that can be redeemed for one audiobook) each month. The Platinum plan costs $22,95 a month or $229,50 per year and includes 2 credits each month.
Audible also offers a 30-day free trial to anyone who wants to try out the service at no cost. If you decide to sign up for a free trial, you will get 1 audiobook and 2 Audible Originals.
Things I Love About Audible
- Audible's library is massive. It has every book I have ever wanted to read.
- I find Audible to be reasonably priced for what I'm getting. There are cheaper services but the quality - or quantity - can't compete.
- You can actually return and exchange any book you are not satisfied with! This feature alone makes it stand out among its competitors.
- Audible membership comes with a lot of perks, like a 30% discount on additional purchases, 2 Audible Originals of your choice every month, access to Original Premium podcasts, guided medication and fitness programs, Daily Deal that lets you purchase a new audiobook every day at a reduced price, and more.
- The app is very user-friendly and is compatible with most devices.
- The quality of audiobooks is superb.
- It is possible to download audiobooks on your device for offline listening.
- You get lifetime access to all the audiobooks you purchase. That means that even if you end your subscription, the books are yours to keep.
What About Audible Cons?
The only downside of Audible I can think of is its price. As I've said earlier, I think that is it a good value for money, but I know that some people might find it to be too expensive.
Is Audible Worth It?
Yes, in my opinion, Audible is worth it. It is a great service that offers a huge selection of audiobooks that I can just read online or download onto my phone. I enjoy all the cool features of the platform, and the price is good, too.
Are There Any Audible Alternatives?
Full list of top services!
Sure, there are quite a few actually. The best one is Scribd. It is a good option for those who find Audible's price to be too high. Scribd membership costs only $8,99 a month and includes unlimited access to all the titles library. It offers a much wider variety of content, including, audiobooks, e-books, sheet music, magazines, etc. If you cancel your subscription you won't be able to access your downloads anymore.
Another service I can recommend is Audiobooks.com. It has a slightly smaller library than Audible, but it still offers a good variety of books. For $14,95 a month members get one credit that equals one audiobook and an extra listening from the VIP Rewards section. You can purchase more credits if needed. If you cancel the subscription, you will still keep all the books you purchased for credits, but not the ones from the VIP Rewards section. Membership also includes free access to over 700,000 podcasts. If you are interested in trying the service, you can sign up for a 30-day Audibooks.com free trial.
View all episodes
Envato Elements: How Does It Work? Is It Good? | IMHO Reviews09:08As a content creator, you know all too well that having easy access to high-quality digital assets enhances the quality of your work. However, spending hundreds of dollars on just one video clip would be irrational. There must be another way, right? Luckily, there is. One of my to-go services for downloading digital assets is called Envato Elements. It is a subscription-based service, meaning that for a flat monthly fee of only $33 you get unlimited access to the whole library. And let me tell you, it is huge! There are millions of high-quality digital assets in there, everything from stock footage, music, and photos, to Wordpress themes, fonts, web templates, and more. New files are being constantly added, so you will never find yourself short of stock media. Learn Is Envato Elements Legit article? And what about licensing? Are there any things you should be aware of?Envato Elements licensing is pretty straightforward. All the files in the library have the same terms. What you need to know is that when you download any asset you get a license for just a single-use. And if you want to use it again, you will need to register it one more time for different use. The good news is that all the files can be used for both personal and commercial projects. And obviously, if you cancel your membership, you won't be able to download any new files from the library. However, all the files that you registered before will still be covered.What exactly is included in the subscription? As mentioned above, the Envato Elements subscription grants unlimited access to all the files in the library. Yes, you got it right: you can download as many files as you want from all categories as long as your subscription is active. Sounds too good to be true, but that is how it works. On top of that, you also get free access to an online learning platform called Tuts+, which has thousands of e-books, courses, and guides on a variety of topics, from Web Design to Photo and Video.Does Envato Elements offer any discounts?In my opinion, the price for a monthly subscription is already super low considering the amount of stock you'd be getting. However, if you get an annual membership, you will be getting a 50% discount, and pay only $16,50 a month ($198 per year plus taxes). Students can get an additional 30% discount on both monthly and annual subscriptions.Envato Elements doesn't offer a free trial option at the moment.Are there any cons?Yes, there are. I have yet to find a perfect service that has no drawbacks. I find it really annoying that Envato Elements lets you download video files only in .mov format because it takes a very long time for me to convert them afterward. Envato Elements also has pretty lousy support. Other than these two things, I have no complaints.Why do I believe that Envato Elements is worth the money?- It offers competitive prices. If you compare the cost of different subscription-based stock services, you will see, that Envato Elements has the lowest prices.- It has an impressive library and the widest range of digital assets compared to other platforms.- It offers many perks to the members, such as free access to Tuts+.- It saves me a lot of time because I can find all the assets I need for my project in its library.- It has easy licensing.Overall, Envato Elements is a great choice for web developers, content creators, and even marketers. If you are interested in learning more about the platform, you can check out recent the IMHO Reviews article that talks about all the features of Envato Elements.
5. Storyblocks Year In Review Highlights And Changes By IMHO Reviews08:08IMHO Reviews announce updates to its 2020 StoryBlocks review. The new updates see reviews for new payment plans and the free trial option on the site and determine if it’s worth going for.After changing management and re-branding from VideoBlocks to StoryBlocks in 2019, the company changed several things and that is why IMHO Reviews decided to update their StoryBlocks review. Besides comparing StoryBlocks to similar services, IMHO Reviews explains the pros, cons as well as the difference in the new payment plans system.Some of the changes that have been made with the new StoryBlocks include:Library doubled in 2020 which provides more video options and makes it more convenient. The new StoryBlocks features millions of high-quality videos, images, audio sounds, and video editing cloud software.Also, the price has changed with up to a 25% increase. The Basic plan costs $20/monthly (120 yearly ) and includes 5 HD video files monthly and the Unlimited Video plan costing $50 monthly (240 yearly) which provides an unlimited number of downloads, HD videos, 4K and After Effects templates. The unlimited plan goes for $65/month ($360/year) with unlimited access to all libraries (4K and After Effects Templates included, music and images).I feel like, after Storyblocks management made the right decision to bring together Videoblocks, Audioblocks, and GraphicStock into one service Storyblocks, it became a little bit confusing at first but from feedback, we are getting from new users it is easy to understand it and customers love the service.I believe that Storyblocks is headed in the right direction: "It seems like there are a lot of exciting things happening with Storyblocks right now. The company has been around for years, but they have improved their service so much in the past year and a half. They are constantly adding new features; always growing and expanding. I think that what really makes Storyblocks stand out from its competitors."Storyblocks will be shutting down its pay-per-click Marketplace on September 10th. Some of the content from the Marketplace will be transferred to the Member Library, and some will be deleted permanentlyWith all the changes happening to Storyblocks in the past few months, IMHO Reviews thought it was about time to update their articles about the platform. "We have updated our Storyblocks reviews. We have added the pros and cons section for people who prefer not to read lengthy articles; discussed different pricing options, and explained why signing up for a Storyblocks may be the best way to save money."IMHO Reviews have also created a series of Storyblocks video Reviews hoping to draw more attention to the company. Their goal is to do a review that will highlight all the platform's features, talk about its advantages and drawbacks, and explain how to get the best Storyblocks membership deals. "It seems like most reviews of stock video services don't even mention Storyblocks. And many of the articles that do include Storyblocks in their list of the best stock media companies were written a while ago and contain out-dated information. We want to show what a great platform Storyblocks is," - said Anna, a content manager from IMHO Reviews.In the meantime, the IMHO Reviews team is working on a series of reviews about other stock video websites. They have already chosen seven of the most popular and affordable services in 2020 and are planning to write a detailed review of each one of them in the near future."Every person is different, and I believe that there is no one stock video website that will work for everyone. We are going to review various services so that every one of our readers could choose the one that is right for them.
6. Top Language Learning Apps That Can Help you Become FLuent07:59Whether you are an avid traveler or need to learn a language for work, learning with an app is a great way to fit language learning into your lifestyle. Language learning apps allow you to learn at your own pace. Take your app with you anywhere and learn whenever you have free time. Here are some of the best language learning apps you can use to start mastering a foreign language today!italkiitalki is one of the most flexible language learning apps. You get to customize your learning and choose when to have lessons. Determine your personal goals and interests, then book 1-on-1 lessons to learn at your own pace. As with any app, one perk of learning with Italki is that you can take it anywhere and everywhere. All lessons are online, giving you the freedom to learn a language wherever you are.The advantage of choosing italki is that you only pay per lesson. Unlike other apps, italki isn’t subscription-based. Simply choose your language and teacher and schedule a lesson whenever suits you best. This app also focuses on the community aspect of language learning. Some apps are based solely on learning vocabulary and grammar, while italki places emphasis on interaction and real conversations. BabbelThe Babbel app focuses on presenting a comprehensive language learning plan to its users. Babbel adapts to your individual learning needs and provides content based on real-life topics so you can actually use what you learn. Choose from the classic app subscription or the live subscription for extra access to live-stream lessons. Babbel is compatible with most devices and lessons range from just 10-15 minutes, meaning you can take your language learning with you wherever you travel. The app builds a language-learning plan based on your native language and learning needs. Every individual is different, so every lesson plan is tailored specifically for you. MondlyMondly is another subscription-based language learning app. There is a free version, but purchasing a monthly or yearly subscription unlocks all the extras of the app. Mondly takes a unique approach to language learning, taking a “gamified” approach. You can learn 41 different languages based on your native language. Designed to be fun, Mondly helps you play your way through language learning. There are several versions of Mondly to help you learn best. Choose from the classic Mondly, Mondly Kids, Mondly AR, or Mondly VR. Mondly AR provides an augmented reality learning experience, while Mondly VR gives you virtual reality from the comfort of your own couch. BusuuBusuu is another language learning app with free and premium versions. Upgrading to a premium account gives you access to grammar exercises, quizzes, the ability to download lessons offline, and feedback from fellow language learners. You can also study as many languages as you like at the same time. The app has a schedule for your language course and is well organized. The dashboard gives you a visual of your learning progress and lets you know what’s next. You can also take quizzes and tests throughout your learning to make sure you’re at the right level and ensure you’re making progress on your language learning journey.
7. Does Italki Work For Learning A New Language? | IMHO Reviews08:00italki is an interactive language app that can help you master a new language in no time.What is italki? Short Reviewitalki is a language learning app designed for ultimate flexibility and results. The app gives you the freedom of customizing your journey. You determine your goals and how you learn. italki is designed to help you master a foreign language. It gives you opportunities to connect with people from all around the globe and share your language skills and unique perspectives. How does italki work?Rather than paying for a monthly or yearly subscription, italki lets you pay for each lesson. After outlining your personal goals and learning style, choose your teacher. Teachers post introduction videos so you can get to know them before booking a lesson. Once you’ve selected a teacher, schedule a lesson for a date and time that works with your schedule. You can find a teacher and time slot for any time that works for you. Connect with your teacher via the italki video chat software and begin learning immediately.italki pricingTeachers set their own pricing on italki. This means you will find a wide range of prices to fit any budget. You can choose between professional teachers and community teachers. Professional teachers are vetted by italki and have teaching qualifications so most of the time they charge more for their lessons than community member tutors. In general, italki teachers are more affordably priced than other language learning platforms. Professional teachers can charge between $10-80 per lesson while community tutors can charge between $5-80 per lesson.Often you’ll find lessons as cheap as $4. Some professional teachers charge upwards of $40 per hour. Do some research on the teachers and what they offer in their courses to make sure you get the most for your money.How to choose a good teacher on italki?You have a plethora of options for tutors on italki with more than 15,000 teachers using the platform. The app is user-based, meaning both students and teachers rate each other after each lesson. Reading student reviews is a great way to get a better idea of how the teacher operates. Reviews can also point out key features of individual teaching styles, giving you a better idea if it’s the right fit for you.You also get to watch each teacher’s introduction video. This feature provides a great way to see how the teacher talks, how they might interact with you and what they are all about. Choose either a professional teacher or a community teacher. Professional teachers must have teaching qualifications, meaning you are getting top-quality lessons tailored specifically for language learning. Community tutors are members of the italki community who are usually native speakers who are friendly and knowledgeable. They usually help students with conversation practice. Can using italki make you fluent?Some of the keys to success in becoming fluent in a language are repetition, consistency, and speaking practice. italki offers all of these and more. italki is one of the few language apps that offer 1-on-1 live lessons. Practicing a language with a professional teacher or community tutor can help you improve your confidence and practice speaking with a native speaker. No individual is the same. Likewise, no individual learns a language in the same way. With italki, you can schedule your lessons and plan lessons together with your teacher to reach your goals. Flexibility and freedom allow you to master a new language at your own pace.
24. Best Online Learning Platforms of 2023: A Comprehensive Review00:10Welcome to a deep dive into the world of online learning platforms, where we'll explore various platforms, sharing insights, tips, and tricks to help you navigate the vast ocean of knowledge available at your fingertips. In this long-form article, we'll discuss the top ten platforms that have stood out and made a significant impact on personal and professional development.Skillshare:Skillshare strikes a perfect balance between YouTube tutorials and full-length courses found on platforms like Coursera or edX. With over 30,000 classes ranging from animation to web development, Skillshare provides a comprehensive learning experience. Their recent addition of certification features allows users to showcase their newly acquired skills, even if not accredited.Mindvalley:Mindvalley serves as a personal development playground, offering over 70 courses or "quests" in mindfulness practices, energy healing, and personal growth. Their coach certification programs are highly regarded, and the platform has helped many users improve their motivation and goal visualization.Coursera:Coursera is an online learning giant with courses in various fields, including business, computer science, and language learning. Their courses are taught by instructors from top universities, providing an Ivy League education from the comfort of your home. Users also receive certificates upon completing courses.MasterClass:MasterClass connects learners with world-famous experts and celebrities in various fields, offering hands-on learning and inspiration from the best in the business. While MasterClass doesn't provide certificates, the knowledge and inspiration gained are invaluable.Udemy:Udemy offers a bustling marketplace of over 213,000 courses in diverse fields. Although each course requires individual payment, most are affordable, starting at just $9.Brilliant.org:Brilliant.org is a go-to platform for STEM enthusiasts, offering over 60 courses in mathematics, physics, and computer science. Brilliant emphasizes interactive and fun learning experiences and provides a 7-day free trial.edX:edX, a top provider of college-level online courses, offers many free courses from renowned universities like Harvard and MIT. They also provide MicroMasters programs, which are series of graduate-level courses that can potentially earn university credit.Udacity:Udacity is known for its Nanodegree programs in web development, data science, and programming. While not cheap, Udacity offers high-quality mentorship and project-based learning that can be worth the investment for career advancement.Source: 10 Best Online Learning Platforms To Jumpstart Your Career