IMHO Reviews Podcast
Why Audible Is Better Than Other Audiobook Services? | IMHO Reviews
If you are an avid audiobook listener, you have probably heard of Audible before. But in case you haven't, I'm going to tell you a bit about it. Here is a complete review.
Audible is the largest marketplace for audiobooks in the world. Its library boasts an impressive collection of over 450,000 audiobooks.
How much does Audible cost?
Audible offers different monthly and annual plans. The Gold plan costs $14,95 a month or $149,50 per year and includes 1 credit (that can be redeemed for one audiobook) each month. The Platinum plan costs $22,95 a month or $229,50 per year and includes 2 credits each month.
Audible also offers a 30-day free trial to anyone who wants to try out the service at no cost. If you decide to sign up for a free trial, you will get 1 audiobook and 2 Audible Originals.
Things I Love About Audible
- Audible's library is massive. It has every book I have ever wanted to read.
- I find Audible to be reasonably priced for what I'm getting. There are cheaper services but the quality - or quantity - can't compete.
- You can actually return and exchange any book you are not satisfied with! This feature alone makes it stand out among its competitors.
- Audible membership comes with a lot of perks, like a 30% discount on additional purchases, 2 Audible Originals of your choice every month, access to Original Premium podcasts, guided medication and fitness programs, Daily Deal that lets you purchase a new audiobook every day at a reduced price, and more.
- The app is very user-friendly and is compatible with most devices.
- The quality of audiobooks is superb.
- It is possible to download audiobooks on your device for offline listening.
- You get lifetime access to all the audiobooks you purchase. That means that even if you end your subscription, the books are yours to keep.
What About Audible Cons?
The only downside of Audible I can think of is its price. As I've said earlier, I think that is it a good value for money, but I know that some people might find it to be too expensive.
Is Audible Worth It?
Yes, in my opinion, Audible is worth it. It is a great service that offers a huge selection of audiobooks that I can just read online or download onto my phone. I enjoy all the cool features of the platform, and the price is good, too.
Are There Any Audible Alternatives?
Full list of top services!
Sure, there are quite a few actually. The best one is Scribd. It is a good option for those who find Audible's price to be too high. Scribd membership costs only $8,99 a month and includes unlimited access to all the titles library. It offers a much wider variety of content, including, audiobooks, e-books, sheet music, magazines, etc. If you cancel your subscription you won't be able to access your downloads anymore.
Another service I can recommend is Audiobooks.com. It has a slightly smaller library than Audible, but it still offers a good variety of books. For $14,95 a month members get one credit that equals one audiobook and an extra listening from the VIP Rewards section. You can purchase more credits if needed. If you cancel the subscription, you will still keep all the books you purchased for credits, but not the ones from the VIP Rewards section. Membership also includes free access to over 700,000 podcasts. If you are interested in trying the service, you can sign up for a 30-day Audibooks.com free trial.