The Long Hall Podcast - America's Irish Voice
New York Football Captain Jamie Boyle
Michael Dorgan speaks to New York Football Captain Jamie Boyle about his career and Looks Ahead to Tailteann Cup Game V Offaly on Saturday.
Captain of New York in his first year with the panel, American-born Jamie Boyle discusses his unusual route into intercounty GAA, which featured a stint playing college American football during which he attracted interest from the NFL.
The St. Barnabas cornerback was a stand-out performer for New York v Sligo.
It's the first time New York will play a team outside of Connacht and the first time they have played two championship games in the same season.
The game throws in at 9 a.m. EST, that's 2 p.m. Irish time and it will be broadcast live on GAA GO.
You can follow us on Facebook Instagram and Twitter on @thelonghallpod and all of our previous podcasts are up on www.TheLongHallPodcast.com
WATCH it on YouTube HERE
00:00 - Intro
04:23 - American Football Career
07:35 - GAA Adult Career
11:12 - American Born Players on New York panel
13:09 - Offally game
The Long Hall Podcast website
The Long Hall Podcast Instagram
View all episodes
22. Boston Northeastern GAA Championships with Rory O'Donnell of Thar an Trasnan52:51On this week's podcast Michael speaks to Rory O Donnell who is the secretary of the northeast GAA board which covers the Boston Metropolitan area and states throughout the Northeast/New England area - Timestamps belowWe take a look at how the championships are run in the northeast division and compare them to the structure in New York.For instance, Boston has a finals weekend in mid-August with the winners of each championship going on to represent the division in the USGAA games the following week in Denver. The USGAA covers all GAA boards in America outside of New York.I also ask Rory if there’s a possibility of the New York senior footballers taking on Boston each year before the Exiles go on the play in the Connacht Championship or if the club winners of the Northeast division could play the county champions from New York at the end of the season.Rory has run the Thar an Trasnan blog for many years and it is the go-to source for all North East championship match reports. There’s a link to the blog below!http://tharantrasnan.blogspot.com/WATCH THIS VIDEO ON YOUTUBE - https://youtu.be/vqOmMo_3oyQVisit The Long Hall Podcast website here -- https://thelonghallpodcast.com/Timestamps00:00 - Intro 01:47 - Start of Interview29:48 - Current Boston Standings30:52 - Venue for games - Irish Cultural Center41:31 - New York Club Winners v Boston Winners43:00 Annual New York V Boston game?
21. Matchroom Announcer David Diamante Previews Jason Quigley Fight, Talks Katie Taylor Rematch06:05Matchroom Announcer David Diamante Previews Jason Quigley Fight, Talks Katie Taylor RematchWatch this on interview on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urYsyRIoL8I&ab_channel=TheLongHallPodcast
20. Eddie Hearn Previews Jason Quigley Fight, Katie Taylor Update03:12Matchroom Promoter Eddie Hearn previews the Jason Quigley fight at Madison Square Graden Saturday.He also gives an update on the Katie Taylor Chantelle Cameron Rematch -- CONFIRMING the bout will be at light-welterweight AGAIN!WATCH this video here - https://youtu.be/2uEvmc5qupU
19. POST MATCH INTERVIEW: Johnny McGeeney After New York Carlow Tailteann Cup Game02:52New York’s championship campaign came to an end Saturday after losing to Carlow by 15 points to 10.The Exiles led by two points at halftime but Carlow took control of matters in the second half outscoring New York 0-9 to 0-2 for a fully deserved win.Journalist Kieran Murphy caught up with New York defender Shane Bolger after the game as well as manager Johnny McGeeney.Kieran hosts the “Across the Four Lakes Podcast which covers a range of Irish Sports topics, a link to that show is herehttps://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/across-the-four-lakes-podcast/id1610567523For the latest New York GAA news – and other Irish American sports stories and podcasts, visit www.TheLongHallPodcast.com
18. POST MATCH INTERVIEW: Shane Bolger After Carlow Tailteann Cup Game04:35New York’s championship campaign came to an end Saturday after losing to Carlow by 15 points to 10.The Exiles led by two points at halftime but Carlow took control of matters in the second half outscoring New York 0-9 to 0-2 for a fully deserved win.Journalist Kieran Murphy caught up with New York defender Shane Bolger after the game as well as manager Johnny McGeeney.Kieran hosts the “Across the Four Lakes Podcast which covers a range of Irish Sports topics, a link to that show is herehttps://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/across-the-four-lakes-podcast/id1610567523For the latest New York GAA news – and other Irish American sports stories and podcasts, visit www.TheLongHallPodcast.comWATCH THIS INTERVIEW ON YOUTUBE HERE - https://youtu.be/2weCEUwBIoE
17. New York Vice Captain Alan Campbell Ahead of Carlow Tailteann Cup Game06:05Michael speaks to Alan Campbell, New York’s vice captain and full back, ahead of the Tailteann Cup preliminary quarter final versus Carlow Saturday.The clash will take place in Dr. Cullen Park in County Carlow on Saturday, June 10 at noon EST, or at 5 p.m. Irish time — and will be shown live on GAA Go.The winners proceed to the quarter-final stage outrightThe Exiles have not seen competitive action since a comprehensive loss to Sligo on April 22 in the Connacht Senior Football Championship Semi-Final. The game came on the heels of a historic victory over Leitrim at Gaelic Park two weeks earlier.Alan is a Munster Championship winner with Tipperary and plays with the Brooklyn Shamrocks club.00:00 - Start00:18 - Intro and Preview01:01 - Start of InterviewCheck out www.TheLongHallPodcast.com for more!
16. What Next for Katie Taylor After Devastating Homecoming Defeat -- With Gavan Casey32:38Katie Taylor suffered the first defeat in her professional career losing by a majority decision to England’s Chantelle Cameron Saturday.The defeat raises serious questions about her future in the sport, with a rematch now likely.Gavan Casey of the42.ie is back to give his expert analysis on her future.Taylor went down 96-94, 96-94, 95-95 with Cameron successfully retaining her undisputed junior welterweight titles.
15. Katie Taylor v Chantelle Cameron Preview with Gavan Casey44:52Katie Taylor v Chantelle Cameron Preview with Gavan CaseyKatie Taylor makes her professional debut in Ireland Saturday where she is bidding to further cement her boxing legacy by challenging England’s Chantelle Cameron for Cameron’s undisputed light welterweight titles in the 3 Arena.The step up in weight is an unknown for Ireland's Olympic gold medalist— and is paved with danger.The42.ie s Gavan Casey is back to preview the fight, and we also chat about the magnitude of the occasion, how important this bout is to Katie's legacy and if her much-anticipated rematch against Amanda Serrano in Croke Park will eventually go ahead.Gavan also gives his views on whether we will see Katie fight in America again and he also previews Saturday's undercard which features a number of exciting Irish prospects.WATCH on YouTube here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs1R21KRB44&t=11s&ab_channel=TheLongHallPodcast00:00 Intro01:07 - Start of preview05:53 - How Significant is this Clash?10:25 - Will Katie v Serrano Rematch Happen?11:38 - Katie Taylor's Legacy in Boxing14:30 - Katie's Challenges/Dangers20:29 - Undercard Preview38:44 - When Will Katie Retire?41:09 - Will Katie Fight in America Again?
14. New York v Sligo Preview With Sligo Journalist Gavin Cawley26:43New York v Sligo Preview With Sligo Journalist Gavin CawleyAfter New York’s historic win over Leitrim two weeks ago, the Exiles take on Sligo in Markievh Park Saturday in the Connacht Senior Championship semi final.For New York its now bonus territory while Sligo have come off the back of winning the Division 4 League title and a comprehensive win against London.New York have traveled with a full squad and there have been no major injuries reported so far – from their exploits against Leitrim.Sligo journalist Gavin Cawley joins me to preview the game and his shares his expert knowledge on the Yeats Men and thor season so far.The game throws in at 230 pm Irish time, thats 930 am eastern and the game is being shown live on GAA Go.