NXP Smarter World Podcast
Building the Car of the Future
In this episode, Louise de Laat, manager of the Eindhoven-based student initiative, TU/ecomotive, discusses how her team is challenging the automotive industry by creating unique, sustainable concept cars, including an EV that cleans the air as it drives.
View all episodes
Creating the Sustainable Smart Home: Why Matter Matters26:19Explore the intersection of the smart home and sustainability. In this episode, NXP's Director of Marketing for Wireless Connectivity, Sujata Neidig, joins Kyle Fox to dive into the heart of smart homes and their role in creating a sustainable future.
8. Fighting Electrical Fires With Smart Sensors18:43Imagine if you could know when hidden electrical fire hazards start to form - before they had a chance to evolve into a fire. In this episode, our host Kyle Fox is joined by Bob Marshall, CEO and co-founder of Whisker Labs, to talk about the company's flagship solution, Ting. Ting draws on decades of electromagnetic and atmospheric sensor expertise, combined with AI, to detect electrical faults in the home and on the grid. You don't want to miss this episode!
7. Empowering Human Capability with Tech31:05In this episode, our host Kyle Fox is joined by Francesca Burgo, Business Development Manager at Existo, an Italian health tech company that offers innovative solutions for the wellbeing of people with disabilities. This startup has designed and produced a wearable gadget designed to restore ability to the upper limbs. Check out the latest episode to discover how a robotic extension, that fastens to the forearm firmly and is controlled by voice, can help change people's lives.
5. The Quest for Sustainable Food Ecosystems17:04In this episode, the winner of NXP’s third annual HoverGames competition, Dan-Marius Dobrea, joins host Kyle Fox to discuss his winning entry, agriHoverGames - a smart drone with an intelligent system that can analyze the healthiness of grapevines. Tune in to discover what inspired the development of a drone that can detect vine diseases, the technology that enabled it and why this is a necessary step toward making farming more sustainable.
4. The Road to Sustainability24:13In this episode, NXP’s Chief Sustainability Officer, Jennifer Wuamett, joins host Kyle Fox to discuss NXP's 2022 Corporate Sustainability Report and provide an update on progress toward its ESG goals. Plus, discover the type of short and long-term goals companies need to set in order to see continuous improvement and sustainable growth.
3. Fostering a Sustainable Mindset19:47In this episode, our host Kyle Fox is joined by Davina Moore, Director of Digital Marketing at NXP, who gives us a glimpse into the ideas and efforts needed to drive an innovative mentality in not just the workplace, but in our homes and schools. Sustainability is driven by people’s inventiveness. Discover what it takes to foster that mentality and how people’s passion, creativity and dedication is key to positively moving our world forward.
2. Plant Power for Electricity18:43In this episode, our host Kyle Fox is joined by Marjolein Helder, CEO of Plant-e, a start-up based in the Netherlands, that generates electricity with living plants and is the only known company in the world that generates carbon-negative electricity. Is bio-electricity the future? What challenges is Plant-e facing and how does NXP help enable this groundbreaking innovation? Check out this episode to find out more.
1. Driving the Electric Fleet21:46In this episode, our host Kyle Fox is joined by Dakota Semler, co-founder and CEO of Xos Trucks, a Los Angeles based fleet services provider and original equipment manufacturer of Class 5 through Class 8 battery-electric vehicles. Find out more on why Dakota and his co-founder started Xos Trucks, what issues of today's world they are tackling with their business and what role technology plays in enabling decarbonized transportation.