Becoming Your Best | The Principles of Highly Successful Leaders
Episode 363 - Speed of Advance: Achieving World-Class Productivity with Marty Groover
What would happen if you applied, in your company, the same principles and processes of one of America's most prestigious armed?
Meet Marty Groover, who decided to apply his training at the U.S. Navy to the corporate world and optimize productivity, automatize processes, and promote constant training in the workplace. Marty is a Partner and Chief Technology Officer at C5MI; he is the Author of the book "Speed of Advance", and counts more than 20 years of experience as a Surface Warfare Officer in the U.S. Navy.
In this episode, we learn about Marty's role in the U.S. Navy and how his time there inspired him to improve the corporate world and help companies take their productivity to the next level. Marty also explains what it means to "command by negation" and how that concept can transform how companies and leaders see and develop their team members.
In addition, we delve into the importance of pre-planned responses, constant training, and so much more.
Tune in to Episode 363 of Becoming Your Best, and learn about the U.S. Navy concepts and principles that can transform your company.
Some Questions I Ask:
- Could you tell us a bit about your background? (2:47)
- Marty, what does it mean to harness the power of technology to drive untouchable results? (10:21)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The moment Marty learned the importance of effective communication (5:50)
- How Marty applies U.S. Navy principles to the corporate world (8:03)
- How can "command by negation" transform a company (13:07)
- The importance of having pre-planned responses (16:51)
- How to improve productivity by increasing and stimulating training (18:37)
- Book: Marty Groover - Speed of Advance: How the U.S. Navy's Convergence of People, Process, and Technology Can Help Your Business Win in the 4th Industrial Revolution
Connect with Marty:
Becoming Your Best Resources:
- Becoming Your Best Website
- Becoming Your Best University Website
- Becoming Your Best Library
- Email: email@example.com
- Book: Becoming Your Best: The 12 Principles of Highly Successful Leaders
- Book: Conquer Anxiety: How to Overcome Anxiety and Optimize Your Performance
- Facebook Group – Conquer Anxiety