Becoming Your Best | The Principles of Highly Successful Leaders
Episode 307 - For The Kids
Casually reading a magazine in one of the hotels she managed, our guest, Minda Zoloth, discovered several ways of helping locally and thought: gosh, I could do that. Right away, they put together 50 bags of food and donated them. That was the first step of "For The Kids," an organization that donates thousands of hundreds of bags with food every month.
Minda Zoloth is the Director of Revenue Management for seven hotels, Marriott, Hilton, and IHG. She is also the Founder and Executive Director of For The Kids Organization. Besides donating food, For The Kids incorporated a developing and mentoring program for kids; they also help them with reading comprehension, have a local baseball team, and offset costs to play sports.
In this episode, we had an inspiring conversation about For The Kids' immense work and their contribution to the community. Minda shared details of her background and what inspired her to volunteer, donate her time, and spend it with kids in need. We also talk about For The Kids' powerful message: giving them hope by showing them that many people care. Minda kindly shared valuable leadership lessons she got working for so many years managing big groups of people, her motivations to get out of the comfort zone, and much more.
Tune in to Episode 307 of Becoming Your Best, and learn about Minda's fantastic work and her loving contribution to thousands of kids and their families.
Some Questions I Ask:
- Could you tell our listeners about For The Kids? What is it? What do you do? And how does it work? (4:37)
- Can you explain to our listeners what your Thanksgiving Day holiday was like? (7:53)
- What are some of your key lessons learned professionally? (14:22)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How For The Kids started (5:10)
- About Minda's childhood difficulties and how they shaped how she sees the world (10:59)
- What is leadership about, and how to do it properly (16:01)
- How powerful leading from our vision can be (20:22)
- What is Minda's most significant vision for the forthcoming years (24:57)
- For The Kids website
- For The Kids Instagram
- For The Kids Twitter
- For The Kids Facebook
- For The Kids LinkedIn
Connect with Minda:
Becoming Your Best Resources: