Becoming Your Best | The Principles of Highly Successful Leaders
Episode 306 - Eliminating Time-Bombs in your Business and Life
Have you ever found yourself in a situation that exploded in your face, and when you look at what caused the problem, you realize it could've been avoided with a simple action some time ago? Whenever these things happen, they sprain the relationships between people, whether they are professional or personal.
These time-bombs might have dozens of origins, like forgetting to make a phone call, not preparing ourselves for a presentation, or not following up with someone else's job. But they can also be avoided; we can strategize and put systems in place to help us reduce them to the minimum, and if they happen anyways, deal with them the best way possible.
In this episode, we dive deep into preventing and avoiding time-bombs, and if they happen to explode, minimize their damage. We go through some examples of what can cause these explosive situations, what we can do to avoid them, the tools available to deal with them, and how to put them into practice. We also talk about the three things we can do to deal with time-bombs: develop the habit of doing what matters most, create a system that eliminates time-bombs, and be easy on people and hard on the problem.
Tune in to Episode 304 of Becoming Your Best, and equip yourself with new tools to avoid time-bombs and their devastating effects.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The time-bomb Jim let for Mary (1:56)
- Time-bombs come in different shapes and forms; however, all have the same effect (5:29)
- What is a time-bomb, and what can be the cause of it (6:13)
- The importance of developing the habit of doing what matters most (9:17)
- How to create systems and processes to eliminate time-bombs crisis (14:10)
- What is perfection, and why it is essential to chase it (18:09)
- Be easy on people and hard on what causes the problem (20:49)
Becoming Your Best Resources:
- Becoming Your Best Website
- Becoming Your Best University Website
- Becoming Your Best Library
- Email: email@example.com
- Book: Becoming Your Best: The 12 Principles of Highly Successful Leaders
- Book: Conquer Anxiety: How to Overcome Anxiety and Optimize Your Performance
- Facebook Group – Conquer Anxiety