Becoming Your Best | The Principles of Highly Successful Leaders
Episode 304 - The Magic of Thanksgiving
The week of Thanksgiving is a great time of the year; it is an excuse to gather the family together, share some time with people we don't see very often, and why not, eat delicious food. It is the time of the year we take a step back, look around us, and appreciate the people in our lives, we thank what we have, what we achieved, and the things we learned along the way. It is a time for being grateful, and gratitude is a choice we can all make, regardless of the circumstances.
In this special episode, we explore the origins and meaning of Thanksgiving through time. We also go through Forbes' 7 scientifically proven benefits of practicing gratitude, the etymology of the word gratitude, and how gratitude can improve several areas of our lives like energy level, relationships, academics, and even tragedy and crisis.
At the end of this episode, we hear stories of gratitude from four Becoming Your Best family members: Clayton Snyder, Jamie Thorup, Hanna Fabrizio, and Tommy Shallenberger.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What is the meaning of Thanksgiving in today's world (3:10)
- Without gratitude, life can be lonely, depressing, and impoverished. Dr. Robert Edmonds take on life without gratitude (4:19)
- Seven scientifically-proven benefits of gratitude (5:51)
- Clayton's story of gratitude (8:54)
- How practicing gratitude changed Jamie's life (9:53)
- Hanna's gratitude story (11:45)
- The picture of the little hand holding on at Tommy's finger (12:25)
Becoming Your Best Resources:
- Becoming Your Best Website
- Becoming Your Best University Website
- Becoming Your Best Library
- Email: email@example.com
- Book: Becoming Your Best: The 12 Principles of Highly Successful Leaders
- Book: Conquer Anxiety: How to Overcome Anxiety and Optimize Your Performance
- Facebook Group – Conquer Anxiety