Becoming Your Best | The Principles of Highly Successful Leaders
Episode 302 - From Victim to Victor with Ben Kjar
Our decisions in our darkest moments distinguish who we are and the legacy we will leave behind. When things get really challenging, our next decision will set who we really are and what we will be remembered for. Ben Kjar learned that early in his life, thanks to his mother, who told him to step up and make a difference in the world. She told him to make his situation a situation he can rise from and thrive, and not just survive.
Ben Kjar is the Owner of the Kingdom Training Center. He is an International Speaker, Believer, Real Estate Investor, Wrestler, a loving Father and Husband, and Victor. Ben was born with Crouzon syndrome, a cranial facial anomaly. He had to undergo several reconstructive surgeries throughout his life, and doctors told him he would never be able to practice contact sports.
Still, Kjar had different plans for himself. He always knew the only one capable of saying what he could or couldn't do, was himself, so he became Utah Valley University's first All-American in wrestling after participating in the 2011 wrestling National Championship.
Today's episode is an inspirational one, and I guarantee you'll come out of it motivated, changed. Ben kindly shared bits of his past growing up, looking different from the other kids, the cruelty he experienced from other kids and adults, and the life-saving message his mother imprinted in him. We also talk about love, forgiveness, compassion, treating failure as an opportunity to bounce back, and always being ready to say yes, and go for what we want in our lives.
Tune in to Episode 302 of Becoming Your Best, and find out the story of this incredible and inspiring human being.
Some Questions I Ask:
- Could you tell us a bit about yourself? (3:21)
- You were born with Crouzon syndrome. Could you tell our listeners what that actually is, and how has that impacted your life? (5:23)
- What are one or two of the biggest things that you took away from that whole journey that has impacted your life? (21:28)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- About Ben experiencing cruelty from an adult and the conversation with his mother that would change his life (8:01)
- One of Ben's happiest days in his life contrasting with the awful people online (14:11)
- The awesomeness of being abnormal and the hard choice to turn the other cheek (16:31)
- Step in, bounce back, and win before you win (20:43)
Connect with Ben:
Becoming Your Best Resources: