Becoming Your Best | The Principles of Highly Successful Leaders
Episode 262 - Life Lessons with Max Hall
It is not uncommon for people, after they’ve suffered an accident or a traumatic injury, to end up addicted to painkillers. They can become your best friend because, as the name says, they numb your pain and make it go away. But at the same time, they can be your worst enemy, leading you to a downward spiral that can affect your entire life and relationships.
In today’s episode, Max shares his story of becoming addicted to opiates and he vividly details his rollercoaster journey, going from a successful quarterback career to the lowest point in his life and to where he is now, sober and happy.
Max Hall is a former American football quarterback. After playing college football for BYU, he was signed by the Arizona Cardinals as an undrafted free agent in 2010. He played in a total of six games as a quarterback in the National Football League (NFL) for the Arizona Cardinals. Max also spent the 2012 year as an assistant coach for BYU. After suffering some injuries on the playing field, his life took a hard turn when he became addicted to painkillers and opiates.
His story is full of ups and downs, and he’s overcome the addiction challenge after six years of fighting with it. Max is now sharing his experiences, in the hope that other people suffering from addiction will be inspired by his journey. So, tune in and listen to Episode 262 of Becoming Your Best, to find out some great lessons Max has learned throughout his life, that may inspire you to overcome the challenges in your journey.
Some Questions I ask:
- What was it like being the quarterback at BYU? (02:05)
- What are some of your favorite memories of your time at BYU? (05:11)
- What was your experience like, going to Arizona Cardinals? (08:04)
- What led you back out of that addiction into where you are today? (17:23)
- What would be the biggest one or two life lessons or tips that you would share with someone? (32:46)
In this episode, you will learn:
- The game that changed Max’s life trajectory. (10:46)
- How Max got addicted to painkillers and opiates. (13:34)
- The lowest point in Max’s life. (19:27)
- Max’s experience of getting sober in a rehab center. (23:40)
- The most important lesson people with an addiction need to learn. (27:29)
- How giving second chances can help turn someone’s life around. (28:37)
Connect with Max:
Becoming Your Best Resources:
- Becoming Your Best Website
- Becoming Your Best University Website
- Becoming Your Best Library
- Email: email@example.com
- Book: Becoming Your Best: The 12 Principles of Highly Successful Leaders
- Book: Conquer Anxiety: How to Overcome Anxiety and Optimize Your Performance
- Facebook Group – Conquer Anxiety