Becoming Your Best | The Principles of Highly Successful Leaders
Episode 261 - 3 Habits to Make this Your Best Year Ever
This year has been a roller coaster full of unexpected turns. But 2020 is just about to end, and what we need to ask ourselves is, “How will I go into 2021 focused, ready, and aligned with my inner self so that it can be a great year, regardless of what comes?”
Focusing on what matters most empowers you because now your attention goes to the things that are within your control, your sphere of influence, instead of being taken aback by the unexpected events that are not in your power to change.
In this episode, the final one of 2020, we’re going to share with you the three habits that will make 2021 your best year. These habits are ever-green and they have proven time and again to be powerful for the people that constantly apply them. And you can see the results for yourself with a little discipline needed to follow our advice today.
So, listen to Episode 261 of Becoming Your Best, to learn how developing a vision, writing clear goals, and doing pre-week planning can help you stay laser-focused on doing what matters most. We guarantee you that they will improve your relationships, your professional life, as well as have a positive impact on your personal self.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why 85% of New Year’s resolutions are broken by January 15th. (01:36)
- The Five Predictors of Longevity. (05:25)
- How to develop a personal vision that focuses on what matters most to you. (06:09)
- The power of written goals. (10:48)
- How to word clear goals so that they last past January 15th. (11:54)
- The importance of pre-week planning. (16:36)
- The four steps of pre-week planning to correctly shift out of reactivity and into proactivity. (18:20)
- Our definition of ‘discipline’. (21:41)
- A couple of examples of people who’ve done the pre-week planning and how that impacted their life. (22:26)
Becoming Your Best Resources:
- Becoming Your Best Website
- Becoming Your Best University Website
- Becoming Your Best Library
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book: Becoming Your Best: The 12 Principles of Highly Successful Leaders
- Book: Conquer Anxiety: How to Overcome Anxiety and Optimize Your Performance
- Facebook Group – Conquer Anxiety