Grim Reaper Gamers Reapercast
The ReaperCast – 41 – Are Current Gamers Getting Screwed?
GRG Community nights
* Refer to calendar on site for other events
* Monday Night Halo – Another full room with customs and Big Team Battle
* Wednesday Night Community Night Destiny Private Lobby
* GRG WWE WrassleMania 2! Customs battle royale coming soon! Sign up now!
* GRG Destiny Tournament! Oct 5th Sign ups in the forum
* No mods for Fallout 4 on PS4 – Sony blocked them
* Ark: Scorched Earth thoughts
* Destiny Rise of Iron Trailer released
* Destiny Private Matches released
* PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro announced
* For Honor – Alpha Test this weekend
* BF4 – All DLC is free to download until Sept. 19th
* BF1 Beta 13.2 Million players
Main Topic – Has this Gen screwed the average gamer?
* Broken games
* Firmware setbacks
* Not as good as last gen’s OS (Xbox One esp)
* Network setbacks
* Forcing players into pub matches rather than allowing clans
* New console offerings mid gen
* Confusion in marketplace
* Are they upgrades or money grabs?
* Pay to Win implemented
* Endless grind vs being able to pay to get to a level
* Game mechanics feel dull and compel you to pay to reach that next par
* Need to pay to keep up with kids that don’t have as much going on in real world
* Especially onerous when paying full price for the base game
Next show recorded on September 29th