Get Paid For Your Pad | Airbnb Hosting | Vacation Rentals | Apartment Sharing
2022 will be a Record Year for US Short-Term Rentals
2022 is going to be a record year for US short-term rentals.
Or is it?
On the one hand, the data tells us the STR industry is doing great, while we also see the economic uncertainty, pain at the pump, and an increasing supply of STR units. Plus, there have been recent news reports about some of the big players in the industry going belly up.
We're getting mixed signals.
So how can we really understand what is going on in the STR industry so we can better plan our business strategies?
On this episode of Get Paid for Your Pad, Eric and I share some recent STR industry data and articles.
We offer our thoughts on the current hosting market and share consumer insight into why people are still traveling despite the rising cost of everything.
We'll walk you through the impact of gas prices, the concern over the the surplus supply of STR units, and why some of the big STR players may have folded.
Listen in for insight into what professional hosts are saying about how they are really doing in their businesses. Plus, where the excitement is right now!
- Why are big players in our industry going belly up
- Why the micro-economy of STR and hospitality is still a good bet even now
- Why Blackstone is looking into digging deeper into the hospitality industry
- Why major rental markets are still at 90% occupancy when gas prices are the highest ever
- Which types of STR hosts will do well in this down economy
- What Eric is learning from the hosts applying for the 4th class of Legends X Short-Term Rental Accelerator