Serious Soft Skills
Episode 72 Elevating Your Elevator Speech and a Live Elevator Pitch Makeover
We talk to a resident expert about how to take an elevator pitch or elevator speech from boring to bright, bold and business-friendly.
Co-host Dr. Tobin Porterfield interviews his co-host, Bob Graham, who has helped thousands of people, from college students to CEOs, in a wide range of fields to build a powerful elevator pitch.
Among the topics they discuss are:
- How long should an elevator pitch be
- The roots of elevator pitches
- The one-and-only objective of the elevator pitch
- A results-focused approach that focuses on value
- The keys to developing an ever-better elevator pitch
- How you elevator pitch has to hue to the audience you are in front of
- The structure of a great elevator pitch
- Fixing up Toby’s elevator pitch live!
- Getting them to ask for more
- The ongoing trial-and-error that leads to a better elevator pitch
- How to know when it's working
Look for a new long-version episode in about two weeks, and 1-minute versions of the podcast every few days, a few times a week.
If you want to talk to us about episode ideas, insights or guests, please email us at email@example.com or tweet us at @RealSoftSkills.