On and Off Your Mat Yoga Podcast
Overcoming codependency, perfectionism, and people-pleasing , with Victoria Albina
Tools and somatic practices for your health.
Do you tend to be codependent in your relationships, a perfectionist at work, or a people-pleaser amongst your friends? Have you noticed how these patterns affect your health and your wellbeing? In today’s episode, we’ll talk about this and give you some tools and somatic practices to start addressing this.
👉🏻 My 5 biggest takeaways from this episode.
👉🏻 Subscribe, rate, and review this podcast anywhere you listen. Find out how here.
👉🏻 Take a screenshot of the episode when you listen and share one of your takeaways on IG @onandoffyourmatpodcast
👉🏻 Retreat info: erikabelanger.com/yoga-retreat-mexico.
👉🏻 Become a Premium Member: www.withribbon.com/u/erikabelanger.
👉🏻 Donate to help build the yoga retreat with Go-Fund-Me Campaign. Use the same link to share!
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Victoria Albina (she/her) is a Certified Life Coach, UCSF-trained Family Nurse Practitioner, and Breathwork Meditation Guide with a passion for helping women realize that they are their own best healers, so they can break free from codependency, perfectionism, and people-pleasing and reclaim their joy.
She is the host of the Feminist Wellness Podcast, holds a Masters's degree in Public Health from Boston University School of Public Health and a BA in Latin American Studies from Oberlin College. Victoria has been working in health & wellness for over 20 years and lives on occupied Munsee Lenape territory in New York’s Hudson Valley.
- Her Website (download her meditation and grounding practice for free)
- Instagram: @victoriaalbinawellness
- Podcast: Feminist Wellness
QUESTIONS SHE ANSWERED IN THIS EPISODE
- I know you use healing modalities and somatic therapy like yoga, ecstatic dance, and breathwork. Why did you get interested in these modalities?
- How can being codependent, perfectionist and people-pleaser affect our health?
- What are some of the somatic manifestations people can experience?
- How can we do expressive journaling if it's a practice that usually brings us deeper into focusing on the negative?
- How do we start shifting out of codependency, perfectionism, and people-pleasing?
- What’s the importance of connecting to our intuition, and learning to trust it in all this?