On and Off Your Mat Yoga Podcast
Chakras 101, with Anodea Judith
For our 46th episode, I sat down with Anodea Judith. Anodea is the director of Sacred Centers a teaching organization for yoga, psychology, and transformational wisdom. She holds a doctoral degree in Human Health, a Master’s in Psychology, is an E-RYT 500 yoga teacher. She is considered the foremost Western writer on the subject of the chakra system, with several best-selling books, including the classics Wheels of Life and Eastern Body-Western Mind. She teaches world-wide and is considered the go-to authority on the chakra system.
5 BIGGEST TAKE-AWAY FROM THIS EPISODE
1- The chakras are centers of organisation for the reception, assimilation, storage and expression of your life force energy. They are balancing portal between the inner and outer world.
2 -They serve as a system that guide us in integration of mind and body within a spiritual framework, mapping the full spectrum of human potential.
3- The chakras are a guide on human evolution and human history, mapping the development age of our society. We are nearing the end of the 3rd chakra era; the love of power and we are moving towards a more heart centered society based on the power of love.
4- Chakra can be out of balance in excess by overcompensation or in deficiency by avoidance. Each chakra needs to be balanced by it self and they need to be balanced in relation to each other.
5- Yoga, bio-energetic exercises, pranayama, mantras, mudras, mediation, visualization are all tools to balance and heal your chakras.
QUESTIONS SHE ANSWERED DURING THIS EPISODE :
- How did you become passionate with the chakras?
- What are the chakras?
- Why should we learn about them?
- How do the chakras related to human evolution?
- How does the next level of evolution looks like?
- Can we do a quick overview of them their meaning, location, the element they are associated with, their characteristics?
- The chakras are usually taught from the bottom up, but you also teach them from the top down. What’s the difference?
- Do you think the chakras are personal and unique to each individual?
- Are there specific characteristics of over-active/underactive chakras?
- How can we ring them into balance?
- How do you choose which tool is the right for us and a particular chakras.
- Do you have any references for listeners to study this on their own?
- You teach healing, liberation through the chakras. Is that only a personal journey? Is there a way we can bring it into the collective?
SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW!
GIVEAWAY WINNER. DO YOU WANT $75 OF SHOPPING?
DONATE OR BECOME AN EXCLUSIVE MEMBER TODAY.
Thank you so much for listening and being part of our 46th episode! If you enjoy this podcast, please subscribe, rate and review anywhere you listen. I really appreciate your financial support with this podcast. If you can, know that you can make a big difference even with a small donation to help me cover the production cost and allow me to create more episodes. Visit www.patreon.com/onandoffyourmat and become a vip member. As a thank you, get access to new exclusive content every month.
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Anodea Judith, Ph.D. is the author of nine best-selling books on yoga, psychology, spirituality, and social change. She is best known for her pioneering work with the chakra system, through the classics Wheels of Life and Eastern Body, Western Mind.
She holds a doctorate in Human Health, a Master’s in Clinical Psychology, and has engaged in lifelong studies in yoga, mythology, sociology, history, systems theory, evolution, and comparative religion. Her most recent book is Charge and the Energy Body.
Learn more about her:
Contact info: email@example.com
** Edited and mastered by Alexandre Saba